• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Let the mighty power of RU prevail!

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Right, now many of you know that I'm struggling somewhere suitable to rent for myself, furry family and business...blah, blah, blah.

Well this is the Last Chance Saloon...and has been unintentionally triggered off by a request from a lovely lady who lives in Suffolk. I'm based in Worcestershire and this lady is willing to travel to here with her indoor bunny as she hasn't managed to find anywhere suitable within her area.

Now, I know of another boarding establishment that is closing over the next few months..... and to be honest, where the heck are the little furry ones going to stay if more and more places are either closing down or don't offer the real love and attention that our furry friends deserve?

My idea is to contact the national press....not just to highlight my dilemma, but those of others too. This is all a step backwards where rabbit welfare is concerned, I do the job I do because I chose to do it, I love doing it and wouldn't have it any other way.

Most of us have learned from past experiences that people who don't understand the complex needs of small animals can often just not see when the animal is ill, might not care enough.......you know...it's just a rabbit scenario!!! Grrrr.

Well, I need ideas please and help in any shape or form.

Come on Rabbits United.................let's speak up for what we well and truly believe in.

What do you say?

Last edited:
I'm asking Ruers to possibly do an article in their local paper(s)...especially as Easter, the holiday season starting..........

Not doing this just for me, I want to highlight the lack of good quality bunny boarding available.

Last edited:
This is a really positive thing for you to do :wave: Well done Mrs B.

I hope that doing it will not only alert the press to your current plight, but I'm sure that by actually sitting down and doing something positive it will help you move forwards. It might even open new doors for you.

We had a boarder on the Island who was well liked but she had to give the boarding up as there were so many rescue cases coming in. She worked with Friends of the Animals and as she also worked she no longer could cope. :cry:

Hi Mrs Bunnykins, it was lovely to speak to you on Friday, you sound like such a wonderful, caring person with so much small animal knowledge. Yes, the lack of bunny boarding facilities is so so lacking and particularly home aways from home for house rabbits.So many of the boarding facilities we have come across in our search are clearly just a money earning venture and they want to put these intelligent creatures in a cage for 2 weeks and give them food a couple of times a day.

My husband is currently writing out something to support your article so I should be able to get that to you in the next couple of days, but as I am a bit new to this I have no idea how else the message can be conveyed that rabbits are clean and tidy and with love can give so much back, and that house rabbit boarding could be so rewarding. I wish I had the space to do it myself and not compromise my bunny Cookie and her life of luxury.

Good luck with finding a suitable home for you and you little family, as you must put that first and not worry about others ,but if you are lucky enough to find a home and boarding facilities then be certain that you have future customers to make it work. :wave:

Case in point: I've given up on the idea of boarding because my two may not have the largest space ever (they don't yet have enough 24/7 space), but they do have 24/7 access to three different and disparate areas. I've not found a boarding place nearby that can offer a mini-warren: in many cases, not even 24/7 run access. They'd bored witless (and they're already pretty witless... ;P).

Unfortunately I am too busy with what remains of my time to contemplate writing something, even in my own quasi-academic blog (which is attempting to die a death but I won't let it), though I'd love to and I have a great journalistic style (much to my academic writing's detriment :S). Give me a couple of years, and I'll see what I can do!

The rest of you should seriously think abut it though: write something and THEN think about what to do with it! I'll happily retweet, link to and Facebook any suggestions all over the Interwebs.

This is why I have decided to use this forum to discuss your needs as caring owners on what you want from a boarding company. I am just in the process of setting up for the summer and am looking for the most advise available

I wish I did have space for indoor bunnies but alas I don't have a free room. But I am very lucky to have a big garden so I can create special spaces for the bunnies who will eventually board with me.

Back