• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weeing and pooping

C1A1RE

Warren Scout
Hi all our little mini lop Gizmo was ill for two weeks in January with a blockage and spent 5 days in the emergency vets, he's now back to his normal self but since being home he started weeing and pooping in his cage on top of his hay and always in the same corner, he's never done this since we've had him (we've had him two years) as he's normally uses his litter tray for every wee and poop. He's still using his litter tray but when he's in his cage he automatically wees and poos on his hay.
Any ideas why he's doing this and how can we stop him from doing it.
Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Did he do this at the Vets I wonder? Most rabbits like to toilet on their hay so he is being normal :thumb:

Sometimes it just happens, he might remember now and start using it all the time again - every rabbit is different.👍

Did he do this at the Vets I wonder? Most rabbits like to toilet on their hay so he is being normal :thumb:

This is my experience as well. My rabbits have a layer of hay in their litter trays and all three of them will produce droppings in one corner of the trays.

Back