• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Behavior after spaying?

smanning

New Kit
Hey all,

I was just curious, what rabbit behaviors have any of you seen change after you spayed your fur ball? Toothless is six months and will be fixed in March. She likes to try to dig a lot, and seems like she cannot stop moving and relax! I give her the entire living room all day, and she seems to enjoy herself, but doesn't seem too comfortable yet. I'm curious what parts of her behavior is hormonal, and what could be just normal adolescent behavior lol.

Thanks!

Yes Doughnut suddenly started digging everywhere and would sometimes go back to the same place where she thought she had dug a nest and keep digging. I found it a bit sad as it was so frantic like she had a real purpose. That died down after being spayed once the hormones had disappeared.

That's good news! When she first got home she binkied a lot more and laid down more too, maybe excitement overcame her hormones? Now even at night it seems she has to be doing something...

Also, on another note, I've been sleeping in the same room as her, on the couch, so I could see if she's adjusting well. For some reason she tends to poo quite a bit on it the day after (fortunately it's easy to clean)- second to the litter box. Maybe her hormones maybe be making her a bit territorial after I sleep on it?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Maybe her hormones will be all over the shop and will take a while to calm own after the spay. They do seem to want to be preparing for the babies they think they will be having. It's like Doughnut became obsessed with digging a nest.

She could be "marking" it with her faeces.

Daphne was an aggressive female before she was spayed and would lunge and bite me. After her neuter she relaxed a little and has stopped all signs of aggression. She also litter trained a lot quicker once her hormones died down.

She could be "marking" it with her faeces.

Daphne was an aggressive female before she was spayed and would lunge and bite me. After her neuter she relaxed a little and has stopped all signs of aggression. She also litter trained a lot quicker once her hormones died down.
I wouldn't consider Toothless aggressive nor poorly litter trained, but I hope her tendency to dig and nip at loose fabric (blankets and clothing) die down a bit after getting fixed!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Back