• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lil old boy

Hi everyone I have a 11 year old bunny that keeps tipping over I think he may need a visit to see the vet has anyone else had this with an older bunny?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi everyone I have a 11 year old bunny that keeps tipping over I think he may need a visit to see the vet has anyone else had this with an older bunny?

Lou, welcome to the forum :wave:

Sorry to hear about your bunny. 11 is a good old age, and it may be he has had a stroke, or perhaps a seizure? It's impossible for us to say whether what you're witnessing is anything like we have with an older bunny. They don't necessarily need to have problems just because they are older, but arthritis may be an issue.

Is he eating and drinking and pooing OK at the moment? Do you have a very good and trusted regular vet?

Hello just to let you no he does have arthritis it's in his left hip that's why sometimes it gives way xx

hi welcome to the forum, vet visit would be good idea, as they can assess his arthritis and if not on any meds for any pain maybe prescribe some, they can also check him all over general health to rule anything else out, 11years is a good age :)

He had a visit to the vet today he seemed happy with his health. He hasn't given any meds but I need to go back if it gets worst xx

He had a visit to the vet today he seemed happy with his health. He hasn't given any meds but I need to go back if it gets worst xx

Are your vets rabbit savvy? I am surprised the vets gave no treatment to a rabbit that is falling over and clearly has something going. What did they do?

Back to the vets 2night his breathing wasn't great he has a respritry infection he is on antibiotics xx

Back