• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ajali's poorly tail (injured cat- gross photo alert) UD post 12- healing well!

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
On Friday, I was about to leave to go to the doctors, when Ajali turned up home with blood literally gushing down his tail. We ended up having to go via the vets.

This is what he looks like now:

We have no idea what happened to cause it, and we probably never will. Poor boy. His staples come out on Monday.

Last edited:
Poor baby :(

Our back gate slammed in a freak gust of wind, trapping our cat Barney's tale, it skinned back just like the photo. He had his amputated and was left with a tale of around 6" or so.

Awh bless him.
Have to say, from what I can see on the pictures the vet done a wonderful job. It looks lovely.

Sending him speedy recovery vibes.

Ajali is doing very well, thanks everyone. On Monday, he went for a check-up, with the hopes of removing all the staples. He had to keep 2 in for a few more days because the middle of the wound was still a bit 'loose'. Hayley, our vet (who can never pronounce half my pets' names. She calls Ajali "A-jar-lee" instead of "A-har-lee") didn't want to remove the last 2 in case it encouraged the wound to open further. He is getting the last 2 out tomorrow. The cut has clotted nicely in the middle now. :)

He is, however, sick and tired of being trapped inside, wearing the cone of shame, and being unable to groom. Poor fellow. At least he should only have to wait til tomorrow afternoon! Will take some updated photos after his appointment. :)

Last edited:
Pleased to hear his tail is healing. Fingers crossed he can have the last staples out then. You've done well to keep him in his cone, I've only needed it once for one of my cats years ago and he kept wriggling out of it.

One of my cats i have now used to be out all day, then he came home injured - a deep cut on back foot. It shook him up as when he came in he was physically twitching. We thought it was road accident but there were no signs of that so we never got to the bottom of what it was. Since then he only really goes out in the garden and is never out for long.

Sending lots of healing vibes x

Back