• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adorable little bunny!

Oh my gosh, yesterday afternoon I went to pick up some compost to grow some herbs for the bunnies and right next door to the shop I was going to was a Pets At Home, so of course I had to go and have a look [emoji6] So, I was looking at all of the bunnies in their large pens (Pets At Home are excellent with their rabbit care) and there were some beautiful bunnies there. Then, I went over to the adoption section where they had a beautiful little black bunny that had been rescued. I bent down to see her and whistled quietly while touching the glass and she looked at me. Then all of a sudden she started charging around and binkying, almost as if she was really excited to see someone! I think I have fallen in love [emoji23]

I have been thinking about getting a wife bunny for Storm for a while seeing as he can't go outside with my other two bunnies because he gets ill quite frequently and although he is a house bunny so spends lots and lots of time with me and my dogs (who he absolutely loves), I still worry that he gets lonely. There is also the fact that in June I have to travel 3 hours away and have a large scale hip operation (not just a normal one, I am only 18 and was born with no left hip joint) and I will be there for about a week recovering so I am worried that my brother who is looking after him won't give him as much attention as he needs and that he will get sad and lonely.

The only problem is, because I have severe arthritis and am having to build the muscle up with tons of physiotherapy and hydrotherapy each week, I can't work and therefore my only income is for my disability (PIP). As Storm is frequently ill I only have about £150 left each month and I like to save this in case of emergency vet appointments that cost lots of money. If I got him a wife bunny I would want to insure her like Biscuit, Willow and Storm and this would be extra money that I wouldn't have in case of emergencies, plus I'm scared about her getting ill as often as Storm. But the way Pippa got really excited to see me yesterday really made me fall in love with her. I know I would have to make sure that hers and Storm's personalities were compatible but still, what does everyone else think? I can't stop thinking about her!

Thats a tough one, your heart is saying yes, (mine would too) but your head is being sensible with your financial and health worries. I know its hard, but maybe you should try and put the bunny out of your mind and concentrate on those you have, until you are in a better position to have another rabbit. X

Thats a tough one, your heart is saying yes, (mine would too) but your head is being sensible with your financial and health worries. I know its hard, but maybe you should try and put the bunny out of your mind and concentrate on those you have, until you are in a better position to have another rabbit. X
Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking, I just don't want Storm to be lonely while I'm so far away. I worry about him so much and I'm going to be worrying even more when I'm so far away from him because he's such a mummy's boy and I feel like he will miss his mummy, just as I will miss all of them bless them haha

Back