• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any rabbit lover in gosport

betheii

Young Bun
If they are, Is there such thing as a bunny playdate
I trying to get my lop to cheer up after the loss of her baby and sister
but we don't want to straight out get another rabbits, as we don't know how she would react.

play dates don't really work for rabbits, if they do get on well it would be a huge emotional upset for them to part again..your lop wouldn't know there would be future contact. If your only fears about a second bunny are how she would react maybe you could find a rescue that allows introductory meetings...I think these are a great way to see how likely they are to get on

play dates don't really work for rabbits, if they do get on well it would be a huge emotional upset for them to part again..your lop wouldn't know there would be future contact. If your only fears about a second bunny are how she would react maybe you could find a rescue that allows introductory meetings...I think these are a great way to see how likely they are to get on

oh that seem really interesting, we would probably have to wait for warmer weather though, but that does seem like a great idea

I would recommend negotiating with a rescue to arrange introducing your lop to a new rabbit. Often you can leave your bun at a the rescue for a week or so while she is "bonded" with a new partner. If it doesn't work out, there's no commitment made, and they can try her with a different rabbit instead if you like. Does your bun live indoors? If so, either wait for warmer weather like you say, or see if anywhere has indoor space for bonding.

Sorry to hear you've lost two of your buns - hope your remaining one cheers up soon.

I would recommend negotiating with a rescue to arrange introducing your lop to a new rabbit. Often you can leave your bun at a the rescue for a week or so while she is "bonded" with a new partner. If it doesn't work out, there's no commitment made, and they can try her with a different rabbit instead if you like. Does your bun live indoors? If so, either wait for warmer weather like you say, or see if anywhere has indoor space for bonding.

Sorry to hear you've lost two of your buns - hope your remaining one cheers up soon.

She normally stays in a hutch outside, but we are keeping her indoors, since the cold, seems to be killing our rabbits
so we saw bringing her indoors as the safest option. As much as I would love her to be indoor more often, my mother is allegic so we have to keep them outdoors

Are you sure it's the cold that has killed them? It's been very mild recently and rabbits can usually cope with quite low temperatures if given sufficient bedding. Is there a possibility they died of something infectious, possibily symptomless, like VHD? It would be safest to rule this out before introducing your lop to other rabbits as she could fall ill herself and/or pass it on.

Apologies if you've already looked into this!

Are you sure it's the cold that has killed them? It's been very mild recently and rabbits can usually cope with quite low temperatures if given sufficient bedding. Is there a possibility they died of something infectious, possibily symptomless, like VHD? It would be safest to rule this out before introducing your lop to other rabbits as she could fall ill herself and/or pass it on.

Apologies if you've already looked into this!

Maybe, I think the older rabbits might of had something wrong with them, since they were so skinny despite me feeding them everyday, but she was in a separted hutch
but her baby definitely died of the cold. so this is why we don't think she has anything like that wrong with her

Sorry to hear you lost some bunnies :(

Is your girl vaccinated and spayed? She will need to be both before she can be bonded with another bun as a proper pair. If she's done now if she's not already, she will be all healed up by the time the weather is less nutty.

If some that died were skinny, that could be caused a range of different issues, including internal parasites, poor teeth and organ failure. Has your girl had a health check at the vet? Lops are prone to so many problems in any case. Their skull structure means they are susceptible to ear abscess and dental problems.

Sorry to hear you lost some bunnies :(

Is your girl vaccinated and spayed? She will need to be both before she can be bonded with another bun as a proper pair. If she's done now if she's not already, she will be all healed up by the time the weather is less nutty.

If some that died were skinny, that could be caused a range of different issues, including internal parasites, poor teeth and organ failure. Has your girl had a health check at the vet? Lops are prone to so many problems in any case. Their skull structure means they are susceptible to ear abscess and dental problems.

We need to get her spayed, she is vaccinated though, I think it probably the best thing to do, since it might calm her down, she seem to be drinking more, and moving a lot more but is getting really bored being inside

Back