• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Jasper isn't happy ud 08/02 in for dental

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
He's been off his food for two days so we thought we'd pop him over to the vets to see if it's his teeth. He does have a little spur but the vet doesn't think it's that bad, there are no cuts or anything either. vet suspects stasis.

So he has had some pain relief and gut stimulant and we have some medicine to take over the weekend along with rcovery food, see how he is on Monday... If not any better he'll be having another dental just in case the little spur is upsetting him :( fingers crossed he is feeling better soon and he won't need the dental, I am terrified every time any bun has to go in for treatment! :oops:

Last edited:
He's been off his food for two days so we thought we'd pop him over to the vets to see if it's his teeth. He does have a little spur but the vet doesn't think it's that bad, there are no cuts or anything either. vet suspects stasis.

So he has had some pain relief and gut stimulant and we have some medicine to take over the weekend along with rcovery food, see how he is on Monday... If not any better he'll be having another dental just in case the little spur is upsetting him :( fingers crossed he is feeling better soon and he won't need the dental, I am terrified every time any bun has to go in for treatment! :oops:

Oh sorry, what a worry!

I hope he really picks up over the weekend. You want to avoid the emergency vet if at all possible ..

Vibes for Jasper x

Thank you :) I think hes getting annoyed with me checking him every five minutes :lol: he's very sulky right now. I hope he will have perked up a bit by the morning. It's always a worry when they're not well :(

He doesn't look very good this morning, laying around feeling sorry for himself but he did make a break for it once the pen was open :lol:

However one side of his face is really wet :( all the way up to his eye, presumably where he's been washing? I'm wondering if I should wash it / his paws or leave it ??

He doesn't look very good this morning, laying around feeling sorry for himself but he did make a break for it once the pen was open :lol:

However one side of his face is really wet :( all the way up to his eye, presumably where he's been washing? I'm wondering if I should wash it / his paws or leave it ??

Is the water coming from his eye? Perhaps he has something in there. Sending vibes for him.

Might there be some infection in the tear duct? I'd be inclined to pop him to the vet sooner rather than later... Suspect he needs painkiller if nothing else. :wave:

Might there be some infection in the tear duct? I'd be inclined to pop him to the vet sooner rather than later... Suspect he needs painkiller if nothing else. :wave:

He didn't have a wet face when we took him yesterday but we do have pain relief and gut stimulant for the weekend :wave: the vet asked us to bring him back Monday, just seeing how these meds work and if no improvement well ring the OOH vet...

Hmm. It's a strange one. I think we will book him in for a dental tomorrow. He is pooing and weeing and drinking, running around and cleaning himself but he just will not eat his food. We syringe fed recovery food this morning, well a little bit. He has a wet chin but having observed him last night I think it's a mix of dribbling and dunking his beard in the water bottle...... I can't see what else could be causing this other than the spur, so hopefully having the dental will help him feel better. I am just scared any time they are under a GA :(

He's gone in for the dental, please may I ask for some vibes for my little guy. He has lost weight over he weekend but vet said his guts are moving well which is good

Sending loads of vibes for a successful dental for Jasper. I hope he's soon able to come home.

Back