• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frenchie owners.....

ukwwbunny

New Kit
I have reserved a 3 year old frenchie from a rescue to join my 8 year old lop. It's been Along time since I had a new bunny in the house with mine being 8 and his girlfriend passing the bridge in august at the age of 9.

Anyway, does anyone have any handy tips when keep Frenchies that you wouldn't necessarily think about whilst having standard size bunnies?

Do any frenchie owners think that keeping a larger rabbit is much different to regular size bunnies?
Look forward to everyone's thoughts.
☺ x

Last edited:
I don't personally own large bunnies, in fact mine are 2 Mini Lops and 1 Nethie, however I do know that they need much more space than smaller breeds, but it sounds like your bunnies are house rabbits anyway..free range in at least one room I assume? I know it's kind of stating the obvious but you'd be surprised how many people sometimes forget or don't know obvious things like that haha.

I'm not sure that there are any other major differences other than things like how many pellets/vegetables to feed them as I think the care for rabbits only really differs when they are long haired (need grooming more regularly), elderly, disabled or are prone to things like sore hocks (rabbits with very little fur on their hocks) and eye problems (rabbits like Nethies as their eyes are so large and easier to damage).

Hopefully someone else will have more information than me about this, but I hope that helped a little bit. Also, when are you getting the new bunny? I'm kind of hoping for some pictures of it once you have adopted her... ;)

Hello!!

There's not really much difference at all if they are to be house bunnies. Everything is just "bigger".

Frenchies are plain lazy though!! :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha sjh she will fit in nicely with my buck then. He's like a lazy teenager 😁

Willowandbiscuit my buck has the run of the living room and diner. I am really lucky as he is such a good boy. I hope he learns the new girl the ropes. We are getting her next Saturday, I will post some pictures when she arrives 🐇 x

Haha sjh she will fit in nicely with my buck then. He's like a lazy teenager 😁

Willowandbiscuit my buck has the run of the living room and diner. I am really lucky as he is such a good boy. I hope he learns the new girl the ropes. We are getting her next Saturday, I will post some pictures when she arrives 🐇 x
That sounds perfect for a frenchie then haha. Ooo I can't wait to see her!

Back