• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Danny Please

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
My special boy Danny is booked in for a dental and bloods on Monday. He's lost weight and has some small spurs, but we think the dental problem is secondary to something else going on, and it's probably something bad :cry:

Everything has gone wrong since December. My Barley died from cancer, Matilda was PTS with kidney failure, Marley took ages to recover from his neuter, Foster has head tilt, Dexter cat had pain episodes of an unknown cause despite every test, Charlie budgie died Sunday night... I'm probably forgetting some!

So tired of medicating animals and myself. I've been feeling awful but at least I have iron tablets to help now. The shower broke, the boiler was leaking, the roof was leaking, the washing machine was leaking, the door of the new car was damaged by the wind... Probably a bunch of other things too.

I'm exhausted, I've had a permanent headache for months, huge money problems and I've had enough now. :cry:

This was supposed to be a thread about Danny but it's turned into a bit of a WIM rant, sorry!

It always happens like that doesn't it, everything at once. I really hope Danny gets better soon :wave: Sending lots of vibes for him and a (((hug))) to you. I know it's hard but things will get better, hang in there as you've done an amazing job of medicating and taking care of your pets so well that's really all we can do as pet owners but its the love you give them throughout their little lives that makes sure they are always happy. Let us know how Danny gets on.

lots of vibes for danny. xxx

and lots of vibes for you. have you had your blood pressure checked?

Oh no, poor you, not a good start to 2016, it can only get better now.
Sending lots of vibes for Danny for Monday x

Thanks guys xx

lots of vibes for danny. xxx

and lots of vibes for you. have you had your blood pressure checked?

I think it was done at my last hospital appointment in December, it's usually a bit low but I don't think the nurse commented this time. I think the headache is from the low iron, hoping the tablets will help. I only started them on Wednesday, so it could take a while. I could cope with this rubbish a lot better if I wasn't so physically exhausted all the time xx

Oh Helen, I didn't realise things had been so bad for you.

I am only 75 mins drive away, it's an easy straight journey up the A1 for me. If you need any help with the bunnies, please let me know, I'd be more than willing to drive up and help out on a Friday or at a weekend.

Sending lots of vibes for Danny, I hope he will be OK. xx

Sending vibes for Danny and hope you start to feel better soon. I think this weather has a lot to do with it - I'm feeling tired with so many dreary days.

Helen I'm so sorry, you don't deserve all this ..

I hope the year gets better for you, and that you begin to feel much better in yourself :)

Thanks guys :)

Danny is in for his dental and bloods today. They'll only call before he wakes up if it's very bad news. Just don't let it be kidneys or a tumour.

I couldn't risk taking Sandy with him as they look so similar, I don't want them to operate on the wrong bun! Hoping they'll be reunited this afternoon. Feel awful for separating them :(

Good news :D Dental went well, and all bloods normal except slightly elevated liver results, but that is most likely because he hasn't been eating as much.

Wish I'd gone with my original gut feeling that his problems are mobility related and got an xray. From his behaviour I suspect some kind of arthritis. But my fear of kidney failure and tumours took over. :oops: We can monitor him on Metacam for now and repeat bloods to check that liver level in a month, and get an xray at the same time.

He's never been a dental bun, and he hasn't stopped eating or diving for the food bowl, he's just eating slightly slower. He isn't moving around as much, doesn't want to come out of the run for a run around the garden, and isn't using the litter tray as much. All signs point to arthritis.

Waiting for a vet call is very stressful,especially when its so important.

Sending all the vibes I can muster and a big hug for you.

Hope you have some good news.x

We cross posted!

Im so pleased that its not the bad news you dreaded.Hope that if it is arthritis he can be made comfortable and back to being more himself.

Back