• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging box ideas?

MiniC

Wise Old Thumper
I've made a few digging boxes using shallow cardboard boxes with ripped up magazine or hay, but Poppy tends to use them as a litter tray after about 5 minutes, and I have to throw them out. Is there anything else I can use in a digging box? I am wary in case soil would go everywhere as we're indoors....

I'm interested in responses to this as I would like some digging boxes for my bunny, it will be interesting to see what people suggest..

I've used soil, sand, hay, straw, shredded paper and plastic balls in plastic and wooden digging pits and they pee and poo in all of them :roll: so I'd love more ideas too.

I've been contemplating trying with Finacard as I have quite a lot left over from when we had our rats.

Oh wow! I love the manor digging pit, but I could never afford the price-tag! When we're all millionaires maybe :roll:

Plastic storage box sounds like a great idea, as I can at least scrub it out, but it'd be different enough to their litter tray.

I really like the ball pit idea! I might try finacard first, as we have loads in the cupboard, but so tempted by the ball pit...

IMG_2147_zpsab8mxzzx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

They might not need a ramp. When I put this one out I imagined only the super agile Boo would go in but all three do

Back