• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie Windwhistle......

Tracy

Warren Veteran
Will soon be getting himself ready to make the journey from Windwhistle Warren up to Nottinghamshire to meet my bereaved little Rachel.

Charlie is a timid half-wildie who needs a friend of his own kind, and my little half-wildie Rachel is really missing her Scooby so she is in need of a bunny friend too. Neither of them like humans, so I am hoping that they will find comfort in each other and be happy together.

So potentially a double half-wildie pairing…..double the trouble when it comes to catching them for vet trips. :lol:

So glad you've hopefully found a suitable companion and that Charlie has been found by you.

I couldn't catch Theo for the vets last week and he's a cuddly little Dutch so I don't envy you with this pair!

Will soon be getting himself ready to make the journey from Windwhistle Warren up to Nottinghamshire to meet my bereaved little Rachel.

Charlie is a timid half-wildie who needs a friend of his own kind, and my little half-wildie Rachel is really missing her Scooby so she is in need of a bunny friend too. Neither of them like humans, so I am hoping that they will find comfort in each other and be happy together.

So potentially a double half-wildie pairing…..double the trouble when it comes to catching them for vet trips. :lol:

Oh Tracy this sounds wonderful :love:

Don't think I could cope with anything wild though myself. My own bunnies are wild enough for me :shock:

Thanks everyone.

It will be a couple of weeks before he makes the journey up as we need to sort out transport etc, but it gives me something positive to focus on and if it works then at least something good can come out of a sad situation.

Someone pointed me in his direction as she wondered whether he might be a good match for Rachel. I do feel so sorry for these very timid bunnies, they will never be pets as such, so are restricted when it comes to offers of homes. I talked about it with my OH and we decided to give Charlie a chance and try him with Rachel.

Thanks everyone.

It will be a couple of weeks before he makes the journey up as we need to sort out transport etc, but it gives me something positive to focus on and if it works then at least something good can come out of a sad situation.

Someone pointed me in his direction as she wondered whether he might be a good match for Rachel. I do feel so sorry for these very timid bunnies, they will never be pets as such, so are restricted when it comes to offers of homes. I talked about it with my OH and we decided to give Charlie a chance and try him with Rachel.

I'm about 20 mins away from Windwhistle so if I can help with the first part of a bunny run just let me know.

I'm about 20 mins away from Windwhistle so if I can help with the first part of a bunny run just let me know.

That's very kind of you. I will let Sal know that you could help if needed. The aim was to get him up as far as Birmingham area, which is roughly halfway we think, and we would meet/collect from there, but we're happy to drive down a bit further if needed.

Well on paper it sounds as though they are a perfect match :love: I really hope it works for both of them. Our rabbits came from Alice :love:

That's very kind of you. I will let Sal know that you could help if needed. The aim was to get him up as far as Birmingham area, which is roughly halfway we think, and we would meet/collect from there, but we're happy to drive down a bit further if needed.

Either the NEC or Tesco/Notcutts at Sollihul would be good changeover spots in that case. I know the route and those junctions fairly well as I play Pokemon in Shirley every other Saturday so no problem with making the trip.

Nerves of steel! :lol:

Aww I really hope they bond well, they both certainly deserve the kind of happiness only another bunny can give :love:

I really hope everything goes well :thumb: it sounds like they will be a good match :love:

Vet visits when I had Dandy and Beano my half wildies was a bit of a challenge at first. :shock: in the end I left their carrier in the shed permanently and fed them in it every day. Then when it was vet visit time they went in without any trouble :thumb:

I love half wildies (to look at, never had one). I really hope it goes well for them both when the time comes.

I've got nothing but praise for Windwhistle after they found a new home for my Reggie after the bond broke down between him and his brother Ronnie.

oh how lovely ... I'll be crossing everything hoping this boy is as well received as the lovely Scooby

Thank you everyone.

All being well, little Charlie is due to make his journey next Saturday. :D

Back