• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding bunnies

I brought my rabbits together from pets at home, so i'm not 100% if they are brothers or not but from day 1 they have lived together and loved each others company. About a year or two ago my black bunny had a bit of a sore ear and it turned into a large weepy scab, the vet suggested to separate them to let his ear heal as my yellow buck would lick it constantly. After them being separated for about 2 months and my black bunny's ear healed so I introduced them back together in they're run, but my yellow rabbit started to get aggressive against my black bunny and fight so much so that he bit a small chunck out of my black bunnies ear. so i have kept them separate ever since. I want to reintroduce them and i want them to be friends again. does anyone have any hints or helpful tips on how i can make them stop fighting and be friends again? THANK YOU :D

You were lucky to have kept them together for so long in the first place, especially if they aren't neutered. To have any success at rebonding your rabbits they would need to be neutered and then, once recovered, you would need to reintroduce them in a neutral area where neither bun has been. Please come back if this is what you decide to do for further help with bonding.

Back