• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bill got neutered and bonding question

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
We took Bill in to be neutered this morning and we have just received the phone call to say that he can be picked up at 4:30 :) Yey! I've been stressing all day! Apparently he seems to be doing really well :) I can't wait to get him back home. I felt awful leaving him there!
Bonding question - Now that he has been neutered I need to think about how I'm going to start the bond with the other two. He currently has a cage with a pen attached and we let him out when we are home, the other two have all of upstairs. In a few weeks can I move his whole setup upstairs so that they can all see/smell each other??? I can do face to face bonding in my kitchen or bathroom which are neutral but can they live 'together' upstairs during the process?
Sorry for all the questions on this but I don't want to leave anything to chance!

There can be quite a bit of aggressive behaviour through bars so if you took Bill upstairs it wouldn't be a good idea to allow the other 2 to go up to his cage. It would be better I think to wait until you are ready to bond the 3 :thumb:

I would wait longer than a few weeks to introduce them as his hormones won't have died down until about 6 weeks after he has been 'done'

Back