• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Odd question!

kellycarla

Warren Scout
Charlie has just hit maturity in the last week, what i wanted to know is, do their poops smell different at this stage:?

They can do as unneutered rabbits poo's smell much stronger than neutered rabbits poo. They have scent glands on either side of their bum which releases a waxy brown substance (the same as skunks do but in a waxy form rather than liquid) and the poos rubs against this wax when they poop. It smells a bit like strong coffee I think.

They can do as unneutered rabbits poo's smell much stronger than neutered rabbits poo. They have scent glands on either side of their bum which releases a waxy brown substance (the same as skunks do but in a waxy form rather than liquid) and the poos rubs against this wax when they poop. It smells a bit like strong coffee I think.

Thanks for your reply Lady Logamorph, Charlie isnt neutered yet! unfortunately he has Pasteurella, but he is getting better. Glad it is in a waxy form as he is pooping all over the sofas at the moment:oops::roll:

He's marking. Bigwig did this constantly when he hit his teens. After he's neutered he may continue this behaviour for about a week (that's how long Bigwig and Coco took) until their hormones have worn off.

Back