• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bereaved rabbit

baby04

Warren Scout
Hi

I had to have my male rabbit put to sleep due to E. Cuniculi on Wednesday.
He left behind a wife who is currently having precautionary panacur and showing no signs of anything. She is on day nine I will carry on for a 28 day course for her.
My question is how long would be best before getting her a new friend?
She is a nervy bunny and Merlin really calmed her. But we are now back to being nervy and she is thumping alot.

I lost a bun to EC 16 months ago which left Blosskins on her own, I had blood tests done on Blosskins to check that she wasn't a carrier for the EC did the 28 day course of Panacur and once that was complete I set out to find her a new husbun, Blue came to live with us in November 14, they make a perfect couple, so I would say that once you have completed the 28 day course start looking around for a date for her.

Good luck with everything I am sure that you will know what is best.

Give it a bit of time then think of adopting a new friend.Male neutered buns can be calming to stroppy females .Ahem..twas ever thus...

I am sorry you lost your male rabbit :cry:

I would say wait until the end of the 28 day course and then start to look for a new partner for her. It sounds as though she needs a new rabbit to calm her. Good luck.

Thank you.
I have a few rescues near me so after the 28 days I will have a look for a 2/3 year old neutered male.

Just want to say sorry for your loss & I hope after the course you can find her a nice new husbun to help keep her calm

Thank you.
I have a few rescues near me so after the 28 days I will have a look for a 2/3 year old neutered male.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your bunny, but hopefully you will be in a position to offer a forever home for one is a rescue. Best of luck.

Back