PDA

View Full Version : Bereaved rabbit

baby04
31-01-2016, 04:19 PM
Hi

I had to have my male rabbit put to sleep due to E. Cuniculi on Wednesday.
He left behind a wife who is currently having precautionary panacur and showing no signs of anything. She is on day nine I will carry on for a 28 day course for her.
My question is how long would be best before getting her a new friend?
She is a nervy bunny and Merlin really calmed her. But we are now back to being nervy and she is thumping alot.

Riggs
31-01-2016, 05:03 PM
I lost a bun to EC 16 months ago which left Blosskins on her own, I had blood tests done on Blosskins to check that she wasn't a carrier for the EC did the 28 day course of Panacur and once that was complete I set out to find her a new husbun, Blue came to live with us in November 14, they make a perfect couple, so I would say that once you have completed the 28 day course start looking around for a date for her.

Good luck with everything I am sure that you will know what is best.

kattymieoww
31-01-2016, 11:19 PM
Give it a bit of time then think of adopting a new friend.Male neutered buns can be calming to stroppy females .Ahem..twas ever thus...

Omi
31-01-2016, 11:23 PM
I am sorry you lost your male rabbit :cry:

I would say wait until the end of the 28 day course and then start to look for a new partner for her. It sounds as though she needs a new rabbit to calm her. Good luck.

baby04
01-02-2016, 11:43 AM
Thank you.
I have a few rescues near me so after the 28 days I will have a look for a 2/3 year old neutered male.

daphnephoebe
01-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Just want to say sorry for your loss & I hope after the course you can find her a nice new husbun to help keep her calm

Mrs. Bunnykins
03-02-2016, 01:01 AM
Thank you.
I have a few rescues near me so after the 28 days I will have a look for a 2/3 year old neutered male.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your bunny, but hopefully you will be in a position to offer a forever home for one is a rescue. Best of luck.