• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lily and George bonding update.

Loulou8425

Warren Scout
After a few fights in the beginning there has been nothing since. After spending a week off with them they made good progress and George began to groom lily regularly . I returned to college and rather than being together all day they were only together when I returned home. They would spend 4-5 hours together on these days. I started in the bath then bathroom floor and then to the hall. The hall was getting decorated so I had to move them to the living room which is where both cages are. I anticipated problems here because lily is very territorial with her cage which intially caused a fight when george escaped when i was putting in hay but so far no problems. Both cages are closed when they are in here and they eat hay and use a litter tray on the floor. They are happy to be together in the living room and lily seems much happier and running mad. How do I know when to progress to them living together? They will live in Lily's cage.

Obviously I will replace everything in the cage and neutralise it before hand. What do people do in these situations?

In that case it might be ok. You are the best person to judge whether they are ready to move in together xx

I'm glad they are doing well lately. They do sound ready but as tonibun says you are the best judge as you know them & are there reading their behaviour. Follow your instincts & good luck

I would like to make some other adaptations to the cage so it's new to lily too and possibly move it to a new area of the room. Thank you for the advice.

Lily and George spent their first night together with no problems at all. :love: George just adores her and always grooms her. She's very calm and displaying a lot more happy behaviours.I'm hopeful the bind continues to grow. Lily has a vet app for vaccinations. Do I take George too??

Lily and George spent their first night together with no problems at all. :love: George just adores her and always grooms her. She's very calm and displaying a lot more happy behaviours.I'm hopeful the bind continues to grow. Lily has a vet app for vaccinations. Do I take George too??

Yes take George too...always together now :love:

So, so happy they are firmly bonded. Its worth it in the end isn't it

Back