• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting a new hamster!

BunnyBunBunBun

Warren Scout
Oh my gosh! I've got the cage ready and will get it tomorrow morning hit, don't even know how it happened! [emoji194]

Update: Ok guys here he is! His name is Tootsie because he is the same colour as a Tootsie Roll!
1833ba96d8e6c4ffcdcb1edfe1267621.jpg
aea27ead9b06c7b016e456a946a5001a.jpg
234c8b4b02c53e569c282ae72b09fe92.jpg
c95107cdf998140cff0e69453690dc2c.jpg

By the way if you see the wheel in the background I will get him a bigger one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I got a hamster last week. Haven't had one for over 25 years. They are so cute. I'd forgotten how interesting they were. Good luck for tomorrow. xxx

What cage did you get? I got a Pico XL in a Teal and beige. I think it's not got a big enough base really but I didn't want a huge one. I'm a bit limited on space. I've got parrot cages in the sitting room. Mines' s got platforms and ramps. If I find it's not big enough I'll probably get her a bigger one at a later date. She seems very happy in it at the moment. She's getting very tame as I get her out once or twice a day. She has an exercise ball and she goes up and down our hall. When I put her away she eats some food and goes back to bed for a snooze.

Last edited:
Oh Brilliant! I've had Syrian Hammies for the last twenty odd years.we got out first for my nieces 8th birthday..She will be 29 this year!n My latest is a Syrian called "PI".:)

Awww she is a real beauty. What cage is that? I love white bars. One of mine has the barney cage from Zooplus. Great size bit not keen on the black bars ... my fave cage for looks is the maxi duna multi which my other syrian has.

What cage did you get? I got a Pico XL in a Teal and beige. I think it's not got a big enough base really but I didn't want a huge one. I'm a bit limited on space. I've got parrot cages in the sitting room. Mines' s got platforms and ramps. If I find it's not big enough I'll probably get her a bigger one at a later date. She seems very happy in it at the moment. She's getting very tame as I get her out once or twice a day. She has an exercise ball and she goes up and down our hall. When I put her away she eats some food and goes back to bed for a snooze.

Yeah, as you said I will probably get a bigger one later on in his life!

Awww she is a real beauty. What cage is that? I love white bars. One of mine has the barney cage from Zooplus. Great size bit not keen on the black bars ... my fave cage for looks is the maxi duna multi which my other syrian has.

It is a Pico XL but it probably isn't big enough to but will do for now!

Hi Bunnybunbun your cage is the same as mine, just different colour. I really like it. Piccolo is very happy in it too. I really don't want anything too big.
Piccolo comes out and has a roll a round in her ball, she has a cuddle, sits on my lap. Years ago cages were tiny. This cage is much better than any of those. You've got to go with what hammy is happy in. She loves the loft room. I put an elastic band around the bottle to lift it up for easier access. When Piccolo gets older she probably won't manage the ramps so the cage can be easily adapted.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi Bunnybunbun your cage is the same as mine, just different colour. I really like it. Piccolo is very happy in it too. I really don't want anything too big.
Piccolo comes out and has a roll a round in her ball, she has a cuddle, sits on my lap. Years ago cages were tiny. This cage is much better than any of those. You've got to go with what hammy is happy in. She loves the loft room. I put an elastic band around the bottle to lift it up for easier access. When Piccolo gets older she probably won't manage the ramps so the cage can be easily adapted.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I know right! The size of he cage doesn't really matter and Tootsie really loves exploring his!

My cage is twenty odd years old.A triple decker. I find hammies like to climb the bars etc and explore up the ladders and runs.Not a fan of tanks unless it's for dwarf species.

Back