• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nesting behaviors

TheTigerThief

Warren Scout
My doe, Petra, made a nest during the past few days I've been out of town. This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, Petra has gone through phantom pregnancies before but I can't help but notice every time she's made a nest, she puts her toy carrot and/or banana in it. I was wondering why she does this? The toys are soft, so could she be using them for cushioning/warmth? Do rabbits ever treat toys as if they were babies? Is it normal for a doe to put toys in their nests?

Ive never heard of this but it could be possible.
I would strongly advise that she is spayed for health reasons.An "entire"doe is at high risk from uterine cancer and she would be happier without the hormones!

our female would build nests with hay and her fur! She would pull it out of her chest. She continued this behaviour even After she was spayed. But no toys in the nest.

Back