• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Saved From Roof!!

Do you think it's true? I thought so but hubby thought it was unlikely. I really hope no one has put their bun on a roof to get in the news :(

Do you think it's true? I thought so but hubby thought it was unlikely. I really hope no one has put their bun on a roof to get in the news :(

I think so, it said that the hutch had been blown over and the rabbit then jumped so yes, I think it's feasible. Rabbits can jump very high and if in the hutch when it's been picked up by the wind then it would have been able to have jumped higher, so yes, I think so.

I'd rather believe the story than think someone has been inherently cruel just to get into the news anyway.

I just saw the news report on it and there were severe storms here last night and the hutch went airborne and smashed leaving bunny on roof. The bun was a pet at an a adult care home. I was worried that he was an only bun but he has a friend !! Lovely black and whitr dutchies. Both are safe well and nibbling! They also have a very large run so appear to be well looked after. Hope they learn tho that buns need brought inside in severe weather.

Last edited:
very lucky rabbit, I know someone who lost one in bad storms few years back now, when roof was blown from hutch

Just seen this on a Facebook page, read the comments and...
"The fire service costs hundreds to run, a rabbit is only £20 from p@h"

And multiple comments about how easily rabbits are supposedly replaced, wow some people

On another note, so glad he was rescued safely :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back