• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bricking. It.

bunnybannanas

Mama Doe
No real point to this thread other than for a moan so just ignore me sorry!!

Had the worst day today. I knew it wasn't going to go well when half way to work i stop for petrol and realise I'm wearing slippers. Thus resulted in me being late for work when i had a video link with a client at 9.15am.

Linked with the prison at 9.20 to a very difficult client.

Had a long day. Approximately 5pm i found a fax that that admin hadn't given to me on monday from Liverpool Crown Court telling me that i had until 9am this morning to serve some stuff on them along with an email to the them explaining why it's late OR that they would list the matter in the Crown Court tomorrow morning for me to attend and explain how and why I've ignored a Court direction.

Papers served at 7pm tonight and the matter is listed before the Recorder - the most senior and scary judge in Crown Court at 9.30am and i know I'm going to get a total rollicking from him.

I know it sounds stupid in the context of other peoples' problems but I'm terrified about tomorrow. This Judge is horrible. [emoji85][emoji30]

I'm so sorry! Sometimes life seems to conspire against one! Sending soothing vibes.
Philosophy class is teaching a grounding/stilling exercise (really standard one, nothing major) where we sit , notice how our body feels where it connects with the floor and chair, notice the colours and shapes we can see, what we can hear... and so on through the senses. It only takes a minute or two and its really helpful for bringing yourself back into the moment, separating you from worries etc.
xx

I'm so sorry! Sometimes life seems to conspire against one! Sending soothing vibes.
Philosophy class is teaching a grounding/stilling exercise (really standard one, nothing major) where we sit , notice how our body feels where it connects with the floor and chair, notice the colours and shapes we can see, what we can hear... and so on through the senses. It only takes a minute or two and its really helpful for bringing yourself back into the moment, separating you from worries etc.
xx

Thank you. I shall try that.

I'm just kind of thinking fall on my sword tomorrow, suck it up and see how many times i need to say "yes M'Lord" to him before he stops. I don't think it helps that my first ever memory of him and indeed of Crown Court was him screaming at a Prosecutor for accepting a plea that was too low. That's kind of always stuck with me and terrified me.

I just hope Court isn't packed. I wouldn't mind but my cases are always in order and early. It's just this 1 thing that isn't.

So long as your very first words are "can I begin with an apology" followed by the honest answer that the fax came to your attention late (simply and briefly put with no waffle), the answer will then be beyond your control but you'll have done your level best to remove the heat. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still trying to persuade someone else to go ha. At least he has the papers. Might start with "listen lad. It's a woman's prerogative to be late with stuff ya get me mate" see how that goes hahahahahahahaaaa

Just imagine him butt naked and don't take him too seriously. It's not your fault xx

Just imagine him butt naked and don't take him too seriously. It's not your fault xx

This is what I used to do :oops:

In this case it's really not your fault, but in my view it's even worse when it is, because then you are so cross with yourself as well.

I'm just going to burst into tears and make him feel bad!!

I hope you didn't!!! That would (1) make the whole experience take longer as he would have to make sure you were OK, (2) you would be cross about it afterwards and (3) it would just give him more excuse to treat others in the same way.

I would just be very polite, don't argue, don't overplay the excuses and just give him the chance to rant. He'll soon then realise he's not getting the response he wants and stop. My view anyway...

It was my fault for not complying with directions. He thanked me for coming over the crank. Nice as pie he was and thanked me for staying late to serve the defence case statement. I'm glad he's not the trial judge though he's hard work him. Saying that the trial judge isn't exactly lenient and the client's defence isn't amazing either. Siiiiiiigh. At least today is friday and I'm not on call this weekend!!

It was my fault for not complying with directions. He thanked me for coming over the crank. Nice as pie he was and thanked me for staying late to serve the defence case statement. I'm glad he's not the trial judge though he's hard work him. Saying that the trial judge isn't exactly lenient and the client's defence isn't amazing either. Siiiiiiigh. At least today is friday and I'm not on call this weekend!!

Just seen all this and WOW, you got through it! Not as bad as it seemed, though I can well feel your anxiety beforehand :shock:

You worked bl@@dy hard and did yourself justice. Brownie points :D

Just seen all this and WOW, you got through it! Not as bad as it seemed, though I can well feel your anxiety beforehand :shock:

You worked bl@@dy hard and did yourself justice. Brownie points :D

Ha thank you. I do feel better now but he is still scary!! I'm glad he didn't scream at me though! I just explained what happened and he said i should have asked for extra time if it was needed. I replied "yes m'lord i will take that into account for future cases" gave me a week to finalise instructions and thanked me for coming over.

Ha thank you. I do feel better now but he is still scary!! I'm glad he didn't scream at me though! I just explained what happened and he said i should have asked for extra time if it was needed. I replied "yes m'lord i will take that into account for future cases" gave me a week to finalise instructions and thanked me for coming over.

Pretty civil then ;)

Really good to hear the outcome. I don't like to hear people are scary, though.
There's no need to be in my book (or in my job either :lol:).

Pretty civil then ;)

Really good to hear the outcome. I don't like to hear people are scary, though.
There's no need to be in my book (or in my job either :lol:).

To be fair, most Crown Court Judges are quite scary. They should be as well to deter any defendants going back before them!

Back