• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little Scooby has died

Tracy

Warren Veteran
About an hour ago. I can't stop crying, I can't cope with losing another so soon after Minnie. :cry:

He was admitted on Sunday for a dental as he suddenly stopped eating, which wasn't unexpected as he is a dental bunny. I've been syringe feeding him since Sunday, which again is normal as it takes him a few days to get over the dental. He was acting normally when I did his last feed at 11pm last night, but at 6.00am this morning he was very unwell, he was lethargic and wouldn't take his syringe food so I took him straight to my vets. His breathing was laboured so they did chest X-rays to check his heart and lungs and they looked OK. He had improved during the morning, especially when he was put on a strong pain relief. I had a call to say they were happy with his progress, but wanted to keep him in to monitor him, then 30 minutes later I had a call to say he had died. I wasn't expecting it, I thought he was getting better.

From his symptoms they think it was pneumonia, but I don't understand how it can be that quick. I couldn't speak when my vet told me the bad news, so I couldn't ask any questions, but I will speak to her later if I can hold myself together. I don't know whether to ask for a PM, perhaps I should.

I try so hard with my rabbits, I monitor them practically to the point of obsession and get them to the vets at the slightest hint that something isn't right, yet despite this I have lost another.

And then there's the problem of Scooby's partner Baby Rachel, the little wildie cross. Scooby was perfect for her, they were a lovely couple. She is so very fearful of humans and she needs a bunny friend, but I just don't know how I will go about finding one for her.

Scooby was only 2, he should have had years of happiness ahead of him with Rachel. Life is so unfair. :cry:

I'm so sorry, I can't believe I'm reading such awful news. My heart breaks for you and for Rachel too.

Re your comment about losing another and trying so hard - you choose the once that need special care, that won't find a home easily, they tend to be the fragile ones. It's nothing you are failing at you are just opening your heart up to the ones that are that bit more needy.

I really am so very sorry, it's so unfair :cry:

I am so so sorry. When I read the title I didn't want to open this thread. :cry:

No one could possibly do any more for your rabbits than you do, you do everything you should do, and more, and they have the most brilliant happy lives with you. I'm just so sorry you have lost him despite trying your best for him :cry: losing 2 so close together is just awful, I know.

I am sure you will do your very best for Rachel.

Binky free Scooby xx

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Oh no, I am so very sorry :cry: Life is really just so unfair. It's unfair for you, unfair for Scooby and also of course unfair for lovely Rachel.

So sorry for your loss and for your lovely Baby Rachel. I hope that, when the time feels right, you find her another lovely friend to cuddle up to.

How heart breaking, especially when Scooby looked like he was on the mend :( Sweet dreams little lad.

You & baby Rachel are in my thoughts x

Oh my goodness, I'm so terribly sorry :cry:

Thinking of you and little Rachel.

Sweet dreams Scooby, you will never be forgotten xx

Oh no, I'm so sorry :cry: That's heartbreaking. Glad Rachel got to know and love him, even though their time together wasn't long enough. Sending hugs for you and Rachel. Binky free Scooby xx

Back