• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hoppy Holidays is still going...2016 onward...

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
As many of you already know, I am having to re-locate my little business which I started up in 2002, and would loathe to have to close it.

Well......I have options.....I'm not going into detail yet, but suffice to say.......HOPPY HOLIDAYS is staying open!!!

Need to ask a question, and please answer open and honestly.

My business may well move out of this area, so my question is.....If you were an existing client of mine, how far would you be willing to travel to have me care for your furry friend(s)? Mileage, location........
And of course, I understand that some little ones hate travelling in vehicles...but may tolerate it for 15-30 mins.
So much needed feed back would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Di. x

Last edited:
That is absolutely fantastic news. I think I would travel an extra 30 mins or so without any thought about moving elsewhere.

Just wanted to wish you luck Di, I can't comment on the mileage, as I'm hours away from you. Wish you could move up here :D

I know I am not a customer, but if I was looking for pet boarding, it would need to be within about a 10 mile / 45 min by car (non-motorway) radius from home. For someone that I was already using, I would stretch it a bit further.

Is there no chance of buying the place you are in?

I have travelled 1hr 30 before to use a good boarder...it's not ideal but at the time it was the best option and the buns seemed fine with it. I had very chilled bunnies though.

At the minute I travel about 30 miles which takes make 30-45mins. Wouldn't want to go much further unless essential.

Glad you can stay open :) Let me know where you move to in case it's within my radius, it's good to have boarding options.

I really hope all goes well for you. I would travel a long way if I know a good boarder so long as my bunnies didn't mind the journey. Knowing pets are in good hands is well worth the trip :wave:

Well, the doors of Hoppy Holidays are to remain open!!! A little move of 4 miles, and onwards and upwards. I never fail to be amazed by how far clients are willing to travel so their little friends can stay with Auntie Di. A brand new client contacted me all the way from...........SUFFOLK, and I'm (in a couple of weeks time ) mid-way between Evesham and Pershore, Worcestershire. WOW, me thinks that I'm in demand..... and it doesn't half give me a huge boost of confidence as I've had more than my fair share of setbacks over the past couple of years.

Anyway.....I look forward to meeting new clients and their furry families and seeing my existing clients sometime soon.

And breathe Di..............the relief is incredible.

Thanks everyone for being such wonderful supportive 'virtual' friends. xx

That's fantastic news.

I'm new to this forum, but came across your story on the Journal website, as I grew up in the area.

I was so hoping that someone would be able to help you and the rabbits x :)

Well, the doors of Hoppy Holidays are to remain open!!! A little move of 4 miles, and onwards and upwards. I never fail to be amazed by how far clients are willing to travel so their little friends can stay with Auntie Di. A brand new client contacted me all the way from...........SUFFOLK, and I'm (in a couple of weeks time ) mid-way between Evesham and Pershore, Worcestershire. WOW, me thinks that I'm in demand..... and it doesn't half give me a huge boost of confidence as I've had more than my fair share of setbacks over the past couple of years.

Anyway.....I look forward to meeting new clients and their furry families and seeing my existing clients sometime soon.

And breathe Di..............the relief is incredible.

Thanks everyone for being such wonderful supportive 'virtual' friends. xx

That's because, Mrs B, good rabbit and guinea pig boarders and sitters are hard to come by! Much harder if you have sensitive or poorly furries. You should have more confidence!

Yay!

x

I couldn't be more pleased for you Mrs B, and I so hope this will be the last move for you xxxxxxxx

Hey Mrs B glad to hear that you are sorted and Hoppy Holidays will continue to hop forward throughout the year providing a premium service for all of it's furry customers, good luck with the move hope all goes well.

Back