• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Penelope the Conti!

Kim_perkins

Mama Doe
Lady P has been a big rock lately and helping me through tough times! She decided to go into stasis the other day though which was not fun as she is so young! Not sure what caused it, she had a small helping of greens so perhaps that set it off? But, she's okay now!

I just love this general giant! She's HOOOGE now!

c5268bf71e0c822ebd8d3ae13b2d48d0.jpg
729e03b8e48f68b0d843c1ce07dc7e99.jpg
3bf4a9cefca25a361eaeab8f484ced32.jpg
d7363d54f10f0d01231899a79044f667.jpg
fdb314d9dadf2909d88a2dd85ca02dbf.jpg

She is very pretty!

How is her behaviour? I only ask because my female giant is an absolute diva but she's a British not a Conti x

She's hilarious! She has attitude in her room that we keep her in overnight, but that's just territorial, so she does give a good grunt and lunges, but never bites us. When she's out she's just after nose rubs all the time and plays with the cat! She's only young so her hormones haven't kicked in properly yet, but when she's old enough ana developed she will be spayed. X

She's lovely and getting big!! Although she's not "long" yet :)

I do wonder about conti tummies. What food is she on? Hector started out fine but reacted really badly at about 8 months old. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's on burgess excel with a Lorry load of hay!

You see, Hector has never been a great hay eater but he eats forage like it's going out of fashion. But, he was on excel initially which seemed to cause him problems but only after several months and as he grew up. I switched to SS and, with oodles of forage and reduced veg (now no veg at all) he is great. Just an idea but I have seen another conti on here with similar issues on excel (can't think who now).

She is gorgeous! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about a gradual pellet change, she really wasn't good the other day luckily I managed to get her out of it myself but she was refusing to moved all hunched up. I eventually got her out and moving and massaged her tummy. Luckily then she started to drink and ate a bit. Poop is normal again now but it was frightening!
I'm
Fortunate she seems to be a big hay eater I always see her with it hanging out her chops!!

That one with her and the cat :lol: you have such cute animals, Kim!

She's so gorgeous. I'd love a giant one day!

Back