• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wonky Ears

He's got another vet appointment Saturday as I want to try and understand what's happened to the ear to make it flop. I miss him having his uppy ears but it is what it is I guess!

If it's any consolation the same thing happened to my Rosie when she had the snuffles. The vets had no idea what caused it but one vet checked her ear and said it was full of wax so he prescribed some dog ear drops and gave it a good clean. We continued to use the ear drops at home and after a couple of weeks the ear went back up on it's own.

Clair

One of my lionhead x dutch rabbits, Snowflake often flops his ears for a bit then upright again! He looks gorgeous both ways, as does Dave.

If it's any consolation the same thing happened to my Rosie when she had the snuffles. The vets had no idea what caused it but one vet checked her ear and said it was full of wax so he prescribed some dog ear drops and gave it a good clean. We continued to use the ear drops at home and after a couple of weeks the ear went back up on it's own.

Clair

That's interesting because I noticed he's got wax in that ear! I will mention it on Sat.

Lovely bun! Skye's ear did this once, she had a slight ear infection but it cleared up in no time with some meds :) Hope he's ok and there's nothing much up.

Any news from the vet? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:wave:

He basically said that he honestly can't say what has happened but he would guess that the muscle tissue has weakened causing the ear to flop. He said they could X-Ray him to do some further investigation but he thinks that this is the 'new' permanent Dave. Which is fair enough! I don't want to put him through an X-Ray anyway.

:wave:

He basically said that he honestly can't say what has happened but he would guess that the muscle tissue has weakened causing the ear to flop. He said they could X-Ray him to do some further investigation but he thinks that this is the 'new' permanent Dave. Which is fair enough! I don't want to put him through an X-Ray anyway.

Awwwww. I agree, an X-ray isn't worth it in these circumstances. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back