• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Propalin for Incontinence-dosage

Just wondering what doses people give per kg for incontinence in female buns.

As propalin is not licensed for use in Rabbits dose rates will be anecdotal and at the discretion of the prescribing Vet. As I said in our last convo' none of my own Rabbits have been prescribed it, but I know a few who have. Not the dose rate though. I think I have also mentioned that your Vet will hopefully have a copy of the BSAVA Small Animal Formulary Part B-Exotic Pets:

http://www.bsava.com/Publications/Membershippublications/BSAVAExoticPetFormulary.aspx

Not sure if there is any reference to Propalin in there.

I know that Mark Rowland at Trinity Vets has prescribed it for Rabbits. Maybe your Vet could give him a call for a bit of advice ?

Trinity Vets are in Maidstone, Kent (and they have a posh new website !!)

http://trinityvetcentre.com/

She has had it but I think I was measuring wrong - too low - so we are trying again.

Just when I looked on here some doses were for example 0.03 and some were 0.3 so was just wanting some reassurance.

Thanks for the links Jane.

She has had it but I think I was measuring wrong - too low - so we are trying again.

Just when I looked on here some doses were for example 0.03 and some were 0.3 so was just wanting some reassurance.

I have propalin for one of my rabbits as you know. Let me know if there is any way I can help :)

Replied to your email xx

:) Cassie is dry tonight. Maybe it is the Baytril that is working or the stronger dose of Propalin (or combination) but got everything crossed for her. She is such a good little patient :love:

Back