• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grunting, Lunging then Binky

CatEdwards129

Young Bun
Hey,

I am super confused at Dexters behaviour. Over the past few weeks Dexter has been allowed to roam the house downstairs when we are home, and lives in the kitchen (free range) when we're at work.

He generally binkys about, chills in the meatloaf position, eats hay and poops in his box, general rabbity stuff

But last few days, he keeps grunting and lunging at me when I'm near by or walk past. Then when I'm sat down out of the way from him, he seems to binky.

What is going on, is he happy he just won a territory argument? I don't understand.

Thanks for any insights

Cat xxx

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Not very useful if he is neutered, but my female rabbit Binky used to express behaviours like this before she was spayed (which have stopped now)
Stopped within a few weeks of her spay and she's back to her usual self again now

I can stroke her again now without the grunting :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was neutered in December, and only started displaying this behaviours the past week....

I'm really baffled

Hormones can take a few months to settle down. However my female bun Chloe was neutered 3 years ago and still nips and digs at me but only grunts and lunges once in a blue moon. She was really bad for it as a youngster.

I have just double checked and he was done on 25th November. But the behaviour has only surfaced in the last week.

Back