• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i've just fallen for a bunny on a rescue site

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
oh dear... i saw the pic, fell in love.. and then read that this bunny is female and six years old so couldn't be any better for bisc really (male, nine years old, single since losing matt) - even her temperament sounds a good match.

some of you know how back and forth we have been about giving bonding one try with bisc (because he has health issues etc) .. argh, i've never been as tempted as this!!

one possible issue is she is quite far away :(

but argh!!

oh dear... i saw the pic, fell in love.. and then read that this bunny is female and six years old so couldn't be any better for bisc really (male, nine years old, single since losing matt) - even her temperament sounds a good match.

some of you know how back and forth we have been about giving bonding one try with bisc (because he has health issues etc) .. argh, i've never been as tempted as this!!

one possible issue is she is quite far away :(

but argh!!

Argh indeed!

If you're really really tempted, then I would make overtures and see what happens.

Problems can just 'fall away' if it's right and meant to be.

Of course, you should consult bisc first :D

Argh indeed!

If you're really really tempted, then I would make overtures and see what happens.

Problems can just 'fall away' if it's right and meant to be.

Of course, you should consult bisc first :D

even though bisc's situation is complicated, and we have been torn about it for a while now, o/h and i decided to keep an open mind and if a suitable match came up, to really seriously consider it. not many matches come up to be honest.

even though she made me get butterflies, the most important thing is that she sounds a good match for bisc. she will get reserved very quickly though i think. they may not even home this far.

should i message them? take it from there? it feels right. i don't know why but it just does.

even though bisc's situation is complicated, and we have been torn about it for a while now, o/h and i decided to keep an open mind and if a suitable match came up, to really seriously consider it. not many matches come up to be honest.

even though she made me get butterflies, the most important thing is that she sounds a good match for bisc. she will get reserved very quickly though i think. they may not even home this far.

should i message them? take it from there? it feels right. i don't know why but it just does.

If it feels right, and it does, then you should definitely message them. You will never know till you put a foot in the water, what the response will be. You are not committing yourself or bisc to anything :D

If it feels right, and it does, then you should definitely message them. You will never know till you put a foot in the water, what the response will be. You are not committing yourself or bisc to anything :D

ok, message sent :shock: have i gone crazy here?! :lol:

:D OOh! exciting :D xx

:D we'll see. from reading more, they seem to want people to talk on the phone first and also visit the centre. and collect the rabbit. there will be alot of hurdles to overcome but i can only try other ways to work things, and explain our situation and see whether they will be willing to work around things another way than the normal. many wouldn't and i can understand why.

i'm getting too ahead anyway. she may be reserved by the time they even get my email. x

thank you. i'm not sure how to explain the fact i can't speak to them, we can't go to the centre, or collect the rabbit part though! :? :lol: sounds really weird! but like people say, if it's meant to be, then it will find a way.

all i can think is explain the situation, o/h can ring if needed, and offer pictures of our set-up and references from other rescues we have used and been approved by, and from our vets aswell. see what they think.

Oh best of luck. I know what its like to fall in love with an animal online. It happened with our Tessie and Daisy from BARC. Sooo glad we got them, so are Frosty and Snowflake!

Sending pictures of your set up and getting rescue and vet references sounds really good. I had a local rescue home check for me for T and D as they were so far away (not that you would want that I am guessing).

Really hope it all works out. She looks lovely. Great hair do!

Oh best of luck. I know what its like to fall in love with an animal online. It happened with our Tessie and Daisy from BARC. Sooo glad we got them, so are Frosty and Snowflake!

Sending pictures of your set up and getting rescue and vet references sounds really good. I had a local rescue home check for me for T and D as they were so far away (not that you would want that I am guessing).

Really hope it all works out. She looks lovely. Great hair do!

thanks for this. it is possible to do things a different way then if the rescue wants to. the home check would be really hard for me but i am hoping if it came to it, and it was for bisc, that maybe i could try. because it would be someone i don't know and who i would never see again. i've done it before, have people in for a little bit, but it's the thought of it that petrifies me. but when it comes to things for the pets, i seem to beable to get some extra strength from somewhere if i absolutely have to. but yes, if it didn't have to happen that would be even better! :oops:

eta: did you travel to collect from barc? :wave:

She is beautiful :love: I hope you are able to adopt her.

As others have said, there are ways around the practical issues. I was unable to pick up the boys from Windwhistle in Gloucestershire as I don't drive. But one of the volunteers, Rachel, very kindly drove them down and in return I added an additional sum to the adoption fee to cover petrol costs.

She is beautiful :love: I hope you are able to adopt her.

As others have said, there are ways around the practical issues. I was unable to pick up the boys from Windwhistle in Gloucestershire as I don't drive. But one of the volunteers, Rachel, very kindly drove them down and in return I added an additional sum to the adoption fee to cover petrol costs.

we don't drive either so that is another issue. offering an extra fee is a great idea. although i think we're about 3hrs from them. we always said if we did consider a friend for bisc that local would be better, but there is just something about this little girl that i feel it's worth a try even though they are far away. x

Back