• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had a Scare

LindandRay

Young Bun
I had a scare with my sable mini lop, Napoleon, yesterday. He wasn't himself and I noticed he hadn't pood or peed in his cage since I had cleaned him out very early that day. He is an indoor rabbit with a huge cage at 5ftx3.5ft. I could see that he hadn't been eating or drinking either. I got him out and he just wanted to be nursed. I was about to ring the emergency vet when I thought I would give him some apple which I soaked in water, which I am pleased to say he ate, as long as I held it for him! I kept offering him the apple and rubbing his little tummy and when I thought he was looking better, I let him out for a run where he could smell the other rabbits as I knew he would poo or spray to cover their scent, which he did! Panic over - he is now back to normal, eating, drinking, pooing and peeing. Obviously if it didn't work I would have taken him to the vet.

I had a scare with my sable mini lop, Napoleon, yesterday. He wasn't himself and I noticed he hadn't pood or peed in his cage since I had cleaned him out very early that day. He is an indoor rabbit with a huge cage at 5ftx3.5ft. I could see that he hadn't been eating or drinking either. I got him out and he just wanted to be nursed. I was about to ring the emergency vet when I thought I would give him some apple which I soaked in water, which I am pleased to say he ate, as long as I held it for him! I kept offering him the apple and rubbing his little tummy and when I thought he was looking better, I let him out for a run where he could smell the other rabbits as I knew he would poo or spray to cover their scent, which he did! Panic over - he is now back to normal, eating, drinking, pooing and peeing. Obviously if it didn't work I would have taken him to the vet.

Phew, your quick acting saved the day!

Napoleon is one lucky bunny (love the name :love:)

My husband named him! He keeps changing the rabbits names so I just let him name them now. We also have a Josephine!

Back