• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why does my rabbit poop outside her littler box?

Umandu

New Kit
Hello there,
My rabbit Padmé is 3 years 7 months old and she is pretty well potty trained. She some times moves her litter box away from the corner and poops next to it. Why does she do this? Is she just marking her territory?
e531e9e4504f1d770db6071aac481acc.jpg

It's just what rabbits do - as long as she wees in the litter tray then she is being normal :thumb:

Agree with tonibun.

My girls will always urinate in their trays but will usually leave a few poos around the tray & under the piano to give me something to do every morning/evening.

Yep, you should see the state of my living room floor in the mornings, little poop bombs all over the place! All the peeing is done in the tray tho and 2minutes with a dustpan and brush (more than once a day granted) sorts the poop out so I've learnt to live with it.

Agree with tonibun.

My girls will always urinate in their trays but will usually leave a few poos around the tray & under the piano to give me something to do every morning/evening.
[emoji38] @ to give you something to do haha cheeky little things bunnies are!

Yep, you should see the state of my living room floor in the mornings, little poop bombs all over the place! All the peeing is done in the tray tho and 2minutes with a dustpan and brush (more than once a day granted) sorts the poop out so I've learnt to live with it.

I was thinking of attaching the dustpan to Charlie, you know - like a potty under the botty;):lol:

Back