• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What could've caused an injury like this? (bunny is healthy)

TheTigerThief

Warren Scout
I wasn't really sure where to post this, I hope it's in the right place...

When I adopted André, he came to me with a pretty substantial nick in his right ear. He's obviously had a bit of a sad past, he's very timid of people compared to his penmates but we know nothing of how he came to get his scar. The nick looks a bit like a crescent moon in shape, and no fur grows. I'm now curious as to the possible causes of his old injury. Could it have been from a fight with another rabbit? Could he have torn it on wire or something? Could he have been attacked by another animal? I'm sorry about the photos, my camera focused on the background instead of his ear!

Last edited:
He may have been bitten by another Rabbit or sustained an injury on something sharp in his previous environment. It's impossible to say for certain. But it has obviously healed and although he has a tatty ear now I doubt he is bothered by it at all.

He may have been bitten by another Rabbit or sustained an injury on something sharp in his previous environment. It's impossible to say for certain. But it has obviously healed and although he has a tatty ear now I doubt he is bothered by it at all.

He isn't bothered by it at all, I was just curious how he may have gotten it. Thanks for your reply. :)

My guess would be another animal bit him, probably another bunny. Poor little man, I'm so glad he's landed on his paws with you.

Back