• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am bonding some bunnies!!

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
But not mine! :lol:

I only have one room and Skye regards it as 'her' territory, so my friend is bonding Skye and Mr Skye at hers while I return the favour by bonding two of hers, Lily and Blackberry.

I've never done this before. :shock: I was nervous but so far, touch wood, it's going ok and I'm finding it really fascinating to see how they establish their bond. It's so different watching them interact together compared to rabbits who have been bonded for a while.

Their behaviour has definitely improved over the day. They're not spending much time together, but there have been a few "nose to nose" moments and I think some grooming earlier.

Let's hope Skye and her man are being equally well behaved, I'm hoping for a phone update very soon!

But not mine! :lol:

I only have one room and Skye regards it as 'her' territory, so my friend is bonding Skye and Mr Skye at hers while I return the favour by bonding two of hers, Lily and Blackberry.

I've never done this before. :shock: I was nervous but so far, touch wood, it's going ok and I'm finding it really fascinating to see how they establish their bond. It's so different watching them interact together compared to rabbits who have been bonded for a while.

Their behaviour has definitely improved over the day. They're not spending much time together, but there have been a few "nose to nose" moments and I think some grooming earlier.

Let's hope Skye and her man are being equally well behaved, I'm hoping for a phone update very soon!

I have to say it takes a bit (or in some cases a lot!) of courage to bond bunnies, but oh so worth it when it works out :D

Sending lots of vibes for both sets of rabbits. What a good idea to swop rabbits. Is Skye with the little agouti?

Sending lots of vibes for both sets of rabbits. What a good idea to swop rabbits. Is Skye with the little agouti?

Yep, although he's not so little - I completely misremembered his size, he's quite a lump :lol: Which is good because she's big too.

I just had a call from my friend and they're getting on fine. Stupidly I told her that Lily and Blackberry were also doing well and as soon as I hung up they had a big fight :shock: :shock: Bunnies know how to mess with us. They're ignoring each other at the minute so hopefully they will go back to behaving. :?

I love the idea of swapping bunnies to bond. Its nice you have a friend that you can trust, and your friend can trust too.
I hope they go back to behaving =]

Ohhh I do like a bit of bunny bonding on a Saturday night. It is fascinating isn't it. How are they now?

They have shared some dinner without squabbling which I think is a good sign? I forgot about the possibility of food aggression and just put it in a litle dish rather than spreading it about but it doesn't seem to have caused any issues. Am scared to say that though after what happened before! :lol:

:lol: every time I opened my mouth about my bunnies "edging in the right direction" they would invariably go back 10 steps. I never learnt my lesson though which is probably why they took ages to bond:lol: I love the ignoring stage ... makes me giggle, who do they think they're trying to fool :?

Back