• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering an adult

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
Hey
So I haven't actually got a clue how old Bilbo is but he's due to be neutered in less than 2 weeks now.
He doesn't spray, he isn't at all aggressive and he isn't destructive in any way. He also lived with another unneutered boy for a while before he was given up. All in all he's a pretty chilled out guy.
My other two Rabbits calmed down a lot but they were young and hormonal when we got them neutered. Will I notice any changes with Bill? Or will he stay the same? I find it hard to believe that he could be any more chilled out!

Hey
So I haven't actually got a clue how old Bilbo is but he's due to be neutered in less than 2 weeks now.
He doesn't spray, he isn't at all aggressive and he isn't destructive in any way. He also lived with another unneutered boy for a while before he was given up. All in all he's a pretty chilled out guy.
My other two Rabbits calmed down a lot but they were young and hormonal when we got them neutered. Will I notice any changes with Bill? Or will he stay the same? I find it hard to believe that he could be any more chilled out!

You may not notice any change in him at all. It's wise to get him done as long as he is in overall good health :)

I've had a number of entire bucks down the years which have been perfect in every way. I have noticed that when you have an older rabbit neutered it can take longer for them to recover and they need more pain relief.

Hey

You may not notice any change in his behaviour, but it will mean that from his point of view, he could have a happy life living with another rabbit, which would be more difficult if he was left entire.

I got Lopsy done when I got him, and he would have been about 1.5yrs by then I think. He was pretty chilled, though he did push my hand away gently when he was fed up of headrubs :roll: He hasn't done that since!

Our little guy was very chilled before neutering and that hasn't changed since he had the snip. He was about 5 months when he had it done, so obviously much younger than Bilbo, but we had it done for future wifebun/to prevent any hormonal behaviour rather than because he was already displaying any :)

Back