• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Putting himself to bed!

Has anyone else got a bunny/bunnies that put themselves to bed!? Like, as soon as one of my bunnies notices that I'm starting my bed time cleaning routine (folding up sheets, putting toys away, sweeping etc) he'll first come up to me for head rubs and a treat (I usually give him one before bed 😜) and then gets in his cage by himself! Even if I leave the door open he will stay in there as if he's put himself to bed, it's so cute! It saves me so much hassle too as it means I don't have to chase him around and try and catch him 😂

That is adorable, my bunny lives outdoors so i don't get the same pleasure as you do :(
My dog though in the morning once he sees me and my mum putting our shoes on goes into his crate and lies down.

Yes, I have one. My boy lives in the shed with an attached outside area as well. When I go in at night to give him him his feed, about 9.30 pm, he runs up his ramp into his cage ready for bed and his dinner. Same routine every night, I never have to put him in his cage, he happily goes in by himself - it makes me laugh!

That is adorable, my bunny lives outdoors so i don't get the same pleasure as you do :(
My dog though in the morning once he sees me and my mum putting our shoes on goes into his crate and lies down.
Two of my bunnies live outside too and my indoor bunny should be going to join them once his hormones have died down (he was neutered recently) and I hate them being outside but I live at my mum's so she decides where they stay 😞 On the bright side though, their outdoor run is as big as my bedroom so they don't get any less space being out there 😁

Awww, that's so cute! One of my dogs knows what "cuddles in bed" means so when I say it he runs up to my bedroom, jumps on my bed and waits for me to get in bed too. 😜

Yes, I have one. My boy lives in the shed with an attached outside area as well. When I go in at night to give him him his feed, about 9.30 pm, he runs up his ramp into his cage ready for bed and his dinner. Same routine every night, I never have to put him in his cage, he happily goes in by himself - it makes me laugh!
It's so funny isn't it!?😂 You would have thought they would actually run away and make you chase them because they didn't wanna go in their cage 😂 They're such good little bunnies trying to make our life easier!😉

My bunnies are outside, but they know when I use certain words that they need to come in from being loose in the garden and go back in their run, or into their shed....and of course they get a little treat (natural food of course). I've done and said the same thing since I rescued them, they are both very clever of course :) xx

My new boy does this! He is currently living downstairs and as soon as I turn off the tv he hops in his pen! It almost makes me feel guilty for some reason!
My other two never go to bed so I usually get a bunny jumping on my face around 4am! :p

Ahh, this is an interesting thread. My three have free roam of most of our apartment during the day. They have an area next to their "night cages" that has their food dish, water bowl, hay rack and litter pan. Around 8pm, they all sort of shuffle over to that area and "hang out" to send me the message that they want to go to bed. Their cages are stacked up on a dresser so I have to pick them up to get them in their cages. Harry the baby lets me pick him up, sometimes Grace, too. Jiji never lets me pick him up. Usually the older two just hop into their carrier and I transport them up to their cage. I thought their nudging routine was rather endearing. They usually eat a bit in their cage and then just do the most incredible flops to relax.

I used to have 2 sisters, one would go in before I went through the door into the garden, but the other one was defiant, so the good sister had to come back outside and chase her in.

My 2 certainly get a bit more restless at about 10 pm as they know their pellets are coming. If I'm a little late they will come over to find out why!!

Haha yes Petra does this!! I get up and stand by her cage and point and she gets in no problem. I love bedtime routine. So cute haha

Mine all know when when it's bed time...They get fed their evening meal then and there's a mad scramble back to their pens😊...

When Cheyenne was a baby she was in a temporary pen and I had to pick her up.to.get her in and out.
She learnt the signs that I was going to pick her up soon and would get herself into position on the sofa.
Even when we upgraded her to a proper big pen that she could hop in and out of herself, she still did her thing on the sofa[emoji171]

Bella & Bertie put themselves to bed :D They hop in, watch while we put in their snugglesafes and then get very excited when fresh hay and clean trays appear *love*

Parsley Piert goes up to the bedroom at about 10.30 normally - despite the fact that we dont go till after 11 usually. He waits for his single craisin and settles down under the bed usually. The other house buns then settle down wherever they are going to sleep (only one other come upstairs).

PP doesnt like it if we stay up late. AND he wont get up before 8am either -

Back