• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wheels for Disabled Rabbit: (small to med size): anyone got any?

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
I know its a long shot but we need to try out some wheels for a bun who has become weak at the rear end.

We are on top of the medication and physio etc etc so advice not needed (sorry to sound abrupt!) but urgently need to try out some wheels-

does anyone have any they are no longer using on a bun (small/med size).

Obviously if he seems to take to them we would have some made specially and return the loan ones, but would really like to just try some first - also they take a few weeks to get and we would ideally like to start him on some asap..

Also has anyone ordered from the various companies? I like the look of the ones of 'dogstogo' rather than 'eddies wheels' but would value anyones insight and experience.

thank you

twigs

PS does anyone have links to a website where there might be other people who have some? I can only find usa sites - apart from Liz at Rainbow obviously.

try hugosthere, rainbow rabbits she may be able to advise

eta - ignore that saw your last bit, maybe contact lisa from bunnymad magazine

Thanks minilop - will try Lisa -
I have mailed Liz at Rainbow and also contacted helicopter Ears - but would be grateful for more suggestions (PM any emails you suggest if you dont want to post them here)

Thanks everyone

What about contacting the supervet practice I know they've featured similar products and could advise you on manufacturers.
Spending hugs to you both and vibes for the little one x

Thank you everyone. Tabithakat - what is the 'supervet practice' ? where is it?

Talya (Kavanna on here) has now very very wonderfully located one for me for Goosey to try - with thanks to the person kindly lending.

Its so sad seeing his legs going after the amazing battle he has had with EC over the last 2 years or more - bouncing back time and time again. Really hoping the wheel will at least give him joy for a while -

Thank you everyone. Tabithakat - what is the 'supervet practice' ? where is it?

Talya (Kavanna on here) has now very very wonderfully located one for me for Goosey to try - with thanks to the person kindly lending.

Its so sad seeing his legs going after the amazing battle he has had with EC over the last 2 years or more - bouncing back time and time again. Really hoping the wheel will at least give him joy for a while -

Lovely news Twigs :)

How old is Goosey? Sounds like a brave little man.

Oh ok - we already have an exotic referrals as our vets so I think I will stick with them. Thanks anyway. Had never heard of a 'supervet' !!

Lovely news Twigs :)

How old is Goosey? Sounds like a brave little man.

We are not sure as he was rescue - but probably about 7 now. TBH I am not sure that he will bounce back from this which is so sad. I do find that although head tilt often can right itself (with meds etc), once the nerves to the back areas start to go badly it is extremely difficult to get them active again. We will try the wheels - they are due to arrive at end of week with a HUGE thanks to Jenny at Crawley Rescue. Goosey tries to be active still which is why we are goig to give it a go.

We are not sure as he was rescue - but probably about 7 now. TBH I am not sure that he will bounce back from this which is so sad. I do find that although head tilt often can right itself (with meds etc), once the nerves to the back areas start to go badly it is extremely difficult to get them active again. We will try the wheels - they are due to arrive at end of week with a HUGE thanks to Jenny at Crawley Rescue. Goosey tries to be active still which is why we are goig to give it a go.

Bless you both Twigs.

I know what it's like to give them a chance because they are just not ready to leave yet! xx

Good luck with it all :)

Back