• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

12 week old sisters? fighting

lulou1982

New Kit
Hello there,
Not sure if I am posting this question in the right place as I am brand new to this site. I just wondered if anyone could offer me so much needed advice. I have 3 rabbit babies from the same litter - the vet has told me they are 3 girls. They are just 12 weeks old. in the last couple of days one of the rabbits began circling and started to chase the other one in circles then a fight ensued. I managed to separate them as fur was flying all over the place they went back together in their pen and then the next day the same thing happened again. We have now separated them but they can still see and sniff each other. I was wondering why this happened they have all been so happy living together! I'm thinking is one of them a boy and reaching maturity? The are no testicles.. yet? The third rabbit will not chase or circle with the other two she just seems submissive and doesn't want to fight. she is very calm and placid. I will be neutering them when they are old enough I just hope that they will be able to staying living together once this is done.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks.

welcome to RU. I'm sorry your girls have fallen out. I expect it is their rising hormone levels as they approach puberty. I reckon you've done the right thing to separate . I'd wait til post spay to try again. Maybe back to the vets to have them sexed again if you're unsure. Good luck

Agree with the above advice. Hormones will be starting to set in now and it may be worth a check to ensure none of them are males.

Back