• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe heatpad

bumblicious

Warren Veteran
I heated it this morning and it went like liquid inside which I don't think it's ever done before - does this maybe mean its overheated?? I don't know I didnt give them it after that as I thought it might be broken

Thank you maybe i'll just have to throw it away then. It did go back to being hard after - must be when it cooled down - but I didn't know why it went all funny in the first place

I noticed that mine went quite liquid inside after I heated it too but once it cooled down it went hard again. It was only noticeably liquid if I pressed quite firmly on it though. I think that it is probably just the substance inside heating up and I certainly haven't thrown it away as there are no breaks or anything on the outside of it. I do however check it each time before and after heating to make sure it is safe to use. So, I'm no expert on it or anything but I think that maybe you heated it for slightly too long, but I wouldn't say it is broken and I should think it's still safe to use. :)

oh ok it's strange though cos I've heated it for this long lots of times before and it's not done that but i'll check there's no holes and try again maybe.

By they way do you know cheap places to buy the covers for the heatpads at all cos mine's wearing away?

I heated it this morning and it went like liquid inside which I don't think it's ever done before - does this maybe mean its overheated?? I don't know I didnt give them it after that as I thought it might be broken

Yeah, mine's done that too. I don't know what causes some to go like that and others not, but I have used it since and it's been fine. The liquid solidifies, though sometimes in an awkward shape :shock:

oh ok it's strange though cos I've heated it for this long lots of times before and it's not done that but i'll check there's no holes and try again maybe.

By they way do you know cheap places to buy the covers for the heatpads at all cos mine's wearing away?
Yeah I had done too, it may just be because they are getting slightly older. And I can't say I do, sorry. Have you tried looking on Amazon or EBay? They quite often have just about everything anyone might need haha

I got a new snuggle safe cover from kermit in the items for sale section on here x

How long are you heating it for? Each heat pad has clear heating instructions on it, relevant to various wattage of microwave and it is important not to overheat them otherwise you risk a) burning your bunnies and/or b) irreparably damaging the heat pad.

You must also ensure that it is absolutely stone cold before reheating it again as well.

Back