• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They had a fight.

Loulou8425

Warren Scout
I've been trying to bond my rabbits over the last few days with really positive signs (see first time bonding thread) but they had a fight today:shock: Do I put them back together again tomorrow and start from the beginning again in the bath or do I leave them for a while. Nobody was injured and they were fine afterwards. Help !!!

I think with the bonding style your using the advice would be to reduce space. Don't be discouraged (I know its easier said than done) it certainly doesn't mean they wont go together, they just have more sorting out to do. Excessive humping may make her grumpy & retaliate ...rest assurred humping will be a passing phase

I think with the bonding style your using the advice would be to reduce space. Don't be discouraged (I know its easier said than done) it certainly doesn't mean they wont go together, they just have more sorting out to do. Excessive humping may make her grumpy & retaliate ...rest assurred humping will be a passing phase

I think that's the best idea. I will reduce space and try again tomorrow. I'm still hopefull as it was all very positive to begin with. Obviously still trying to establish who is top bun and lily is quite fiesty when she wants to be.

It's Lily's territory - this is probably the problem. Also your boy is young and inexperienced. Where will they be living when together?

I think that's the best idea. I will reduce space and try again tomorrow. I'm still hopefull as it was all very positive to begin with. Obviously still trying to establish who is top bun and lily is quite fiesty when she wants to be.

If its any consolation my current three took 7 months to bond:lol: If they were totally incompatible I think you'd see it much earlier on. Good luck for the next date. Keep us posted & keep positive

If its any consolation my current three took 7 months to bond:lol: If they were totally incompatible I think you'd see it much earlier on. Good luck for the next date. Keep us posted & keep positive

Wow!! 7 months lol. I agree about the incompatible scenario. They had been so good up until this evening. Maybe too long together too quickly.

Just make sure you never end a bonding session on a negative note (such as a fight) as the next time you put them back together again they are more likely to fight in that bonding session too as they will associate the other bunny with negativity. Obviously if you keep separating them and they immediately start having a very serious fight then that is different, however with just little fights you should just stop them and leave them together.

Try ending a bonding session with scattered pellets or herbs, both of them placed together between your legs (if possible) with you giving them head rubs or even just them ignoring each other is positive. Obviously them grooming each other or laying next to each other is also a good sign and a positive way to end a session but it doesn't sound like that would be possible yet. I do agree though that it is probably best to wait until they have all been spayed and their hormones have died down before attempting it again.

Just make sure you never end a bonding session on a negative note (such as a fight) as the next time you put them back together again they are more likely to fight in that bonding session too as they will associate the other bunny with negativity. Obviously if you keep separating them and they immediately start having a very serious fight then that is different, however with just little fights you should just stop them and leave them together.

Try ending a bonding session with scattered pellets or herbs, both of them placed together between your legs (if possible) with you giving them head rubs or even just them ignoring each other is positive. Obviously them grooming each other or laying next to each other is also a good sign and a positive way to end a session but it doesn't sound like that would be possible yet. I do agree though that it is probably best to wait until they have all been spayed and their hormones have died down before attempting it again.

They have been flopping next to or on each other for the past 2 sessions and they are both spayed. I always end on a positive with treats so that's not a problem. Georges dominance yesterday was a bit too much for lily in the end. After the scuffle they were fine again and nose bumping and lying together as in previous sessions.

They have been flopping next to or on each other for the past 2 sessions and they are both spayed. I always end on a positive with treats so that's not a problem. Georges dominance yesterday was a bit too much for lily in the end. After the scuffle they were fine again and nose bumping and lying together as in previous sessions.
Ahh ok, I wasn't sure as some people that bond their bunnies end it negatively so I just thought I'd say something just in case. I'm glad to hear that they're friends again now though :)

[video]http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/Hazel_Gee/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Video1901_zpsgffmrsfz.mp4.html?filters[user]=144527729&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1[/video]

20160119_123615_zpsazzzkr4w.jpg.html

[video]http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/Hazel_Gee/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160119_134318_zpswbmwf9ad.mp4.html?filters[user]=144527729&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0[/video]

they look really cute together...I don't think they hate each other at all. Has it been smooth sailing all day?

Back