• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do I need to remove the rug?

Casco

Mama Doe
I put a rug / runner in the rabbits run a few days ago to give them something cosier to sit on (they have lino which sits on top of the laminate) but now Casper has decided it's good for digging & biting. Should I remove this altogether incase he eats the fluff? If so what else can I use for them to sit on? I've tried blankets (they move around / end up in a pile and get nibbled and peed on!) and a small pet bed (gets peed on) so I'm running out of ideas, it's looking like they'll have to make do with just lino!

Also - is it safe for them to eat their willow bridge? Casper (again!) has today discovered he can push this over onto it's side and they have both been furiously gnawing at the bottom of it. They have gnawed fair sized bits off and it looks like they are actually eating it. I know willow is safe but is it safe for them to actually eat it or just for gnawing?

As far as all blankets and soft furnishing go, my boys can't have anything as they wee all over them. In the end I just gave them more trays of hay around their shed, so if they wee in that it's okay. :roll:

Carpets are a nightmare for chewers!

I like chill n chew mats for them to sit on. They do get chewed but its fun for them for a short time. I use them for the hamsters as well.

I use chill and chew mats as well, my buns mainly pee on it...(not trained!)They nibble the edges quite a bit too. Hay related cosies are probably your best option.

Hay related cosies are weaved hay and straw mats or toys that your rabbit can sit on and chew or do their business on.:lol:

Back