• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor bobo

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Well - it seems that losing Harley affected Bobo more than we realised :cry:

At the beginning of December his EC was getting so much better - but within a week or so of losing Harley, I noticed he was drinking gallons of water again - as much as when he was first diagnosed. I spoke with my vets yesterday (just popped in) and the results from his blood tests last week indeed shows a re-infection :(

It does come down to losing Harley and the stress that would have caused him. EC is so flippin difficult to shift anyway - and Bobo is a bit of a stressie bun. He did seem to get over her death quite quickly - to us humans anyway - but obviously a lot was going on his little mind that we weren't aware of. So just have to continue on with treatment - and keep him as stress free as possible. We'll get there - but it's so disappointing that he was doing so well - and is now back to the beginning again.:(

He has seemed very happy over the last week though - he bounces out at free range time, and races around binkying. I've also noticed that he picked up one of Harley's little quirks - she always did the meerkat at food time - and would occassionaly walk along on her back feet to get to the food bowl...and Bobo does exactly the same:D It's incredibly heart warming to see a bit of Harley :love:

They're such complex little creatures aren't they :love: Sending lots of happy, stress-free vibes for Bobo.

Well - it seems that losing Harley affected Bobo more than we realised :cry:

At the beginning of December his EC was getting so much better - but within a week or so of losing Harley, I noticed he was drinking gallons of water again - as much as when he was first diagnosed. I spoke with my vets yesterday (just popped in) and the results from his blood tests last week indeed shows a re-infection :(

It does come down to losing Harley and the stress that would have caused him. EC is so flippin difficult to shift anyway - and Bobo is a bit of a stressie bun. He did seem to get over her death quite quickly - to us humans anyway - but obviously a lot was going on his little mind that we weren't aware of. So just have to continue on with treatment - and keep him as stress free as possible. We'll get there - but it's so disappointing that he was doing so well - and is now back to the beginning again.:(

He has seemed very happy over the last week though - he bounces out at free range time, and races around binkying. I've also noticed that he picked up one of Harley's little quirks - she always did the meerkat at food time - and would occassionaly walk along on her back feet to get to the food bowl...and Bobo does exactly the same:D It's incredibly heart warming to see a bit of Harley :love:

I'm so sorry. I've had this with my little ones when they lose one. You immediately get a big concern about the grieving one, and they become the issue, bless them.

My thoughts are with you, they really are xx

Back