• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Skye!

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
My room is ensuite, so when I hoover the bedroom, I shut Skye in the bathroom so she won't have chance to chew through the cable.

I do this by rattling the food jar, then sprinkling some of it on the bathroom floor, she runs in to eat and I close the door on her. She hates it but it's better than being electrocuted, right?

Today I rattled the jar, she ran up, I sprinkled it on the floor and when she saw what I had in mind she thumped three times then ran under the bed! :shock:

Feel guilty now. I only wanted her to not get killed!

Mine normally run away as soon as the hoover is turned on... well Phoebe generally doesn't as she doesn't care about the hoover.
I wouldn't worry too much about her chewing the wire of the hoover... I've never known a bun to bother while the hoover is in use. Our girls have never bothered with the wire while I'm hoovering.

My bridge bun Rio was such a lazy carpet slob,even the hoover under his nose didn't shift him.I used to nudge him gently with it to shift him.:lol:

aw, she's too clever :lol:

i hoover around bisc then when i've finished struggling he moves and flicks his feets at me :roll::lol:

My Oliver stalks the hoover until I am finished .He sometimes sits right beside it in the path of the warm air that comes out of the motor blowing his wee fur. Before he decides to stalk it's movements again !Poor Skye ! U are only helping her !!

My room is ensuite, so when I hoover the bedroom, I shut Skye in the bathroom so she won't have chance to chew through the cable.

I do this by rattling the food jar, then sprinkling some of it on the bathroom floor, she runs in to eat and I close the door on her. She hates it but it's better than being electrocuted, right?

Today I rattled the jar, she ran up, I sprinkled it on the floor and when she saw what I had in mind she thumped three times then ran under the bed! :shock:

Feel guilty now. I only wanted her to not get killed!

You'll have to think of another way to outwit her now :lol:

One of my rabbits has attempted to chew the wire but after a little telling off he now doesn't touch it, but he's a big wire chewer!!

They do have a bad habit of trying to sniff the nozzle of the Hoover whilst it's on [emoji51] and refusing to move from their favourite corner so I don't clean up their mess!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back