• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit insurance

beccimarie

Mama Doe
Who are you all with? What sort of payment monthly and excess? What do you look for with insurance? And do you think more company's should provide insurance?

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

There are many threads on this subject at the moment but here is a basic.

I'm with PetPlan for two rabbits. Monthly cost is £20 for both. I have an excess of £65

I only go for Lifetime Policies (this is the only one PetPlan offer for rabbits)

I look for companies that I know have a good reputation (having worked in a vets I know which I will avoid).
e.g. ones that are known to pay out without quibbling costs of hospitalisation, medication fees etc as anything the insurance refuse to pay, you'll be left with.
ones that vets can deal with directly if the bill is too much for me to afford on the spot (e.g. over £1000)

among other things - I'm sure others can help with more detail as I don't have the time to give a full reply

Back