• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Side effects

kellycarla

Warren Scout
Didnt know wether to post this in health or diet and digestion so i posted it here, anyway has anyone ever noticed that Zithromax makes their bunny poop a lot more, its as if it just falls out of Charlie where ever he is:roll:

I haven't had experiences with that medicine before but one of mine always seems to drop poos wherever. What type of poos are they? Have they changed in shape or colour? If you are unsure its probably best to check with the vets.

No, they are normal in shape and colour. He just seems to pooping a lot since he has been on the Zithromax (it's a very sugary syrup and it smells like marzipan) its actually quite nice, but Charlie can't stand the taste of it.... theres some serious bucking of the back legs:lol:. Or maybe it could be because of his age - 4-5months old - hormones.

One of my rabbits has suddenly started pooping EVERYWHERE so it's probably normal. It could just be that the medicine is speeding his gut up slightly.

One of my rabbits has suddenly started pooping EVERYWHERE so it's probably normal. It could just be that the medicine is speeding his gut up slightly.

Thats what i thought, i swear the medicine is just sugar and water mixed up because thats what it looks like. It dribbles out of side of his mouth and it is really sticky

matt was on zithromax for a while, and i think one or two of the piggies had it aswell at one stage... no side effects that i noticed :)

Back