• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Cold ears

TinkerBelle

Young Bun
Hi can anyone help my rabbit Roxxy has not done any poos in the last 10 hours (she has wee'd) and not drunk anything in that time either i dont think she has eaten much. Her ears feel a bit cold to touch too. How long do i give it before taking her to the vet? She is bright and alert in herself any help much appreciated x

If you don't think she has eaten much today, she also hasn't drunk anything and she has not done any poos for 10 hours, I would want to get her seen this evening.

Hi can anyone help my rabbit Roxxy has not done any poos in the last 10 hours (she has wee'd) and not drunk anything in that time either i dont think she has eaten much. Her ears feel a bit cold to touch too. How long do i give it before taking her to the vet? She is bright and alert in herself any help much appreciated x

Please take her to see the vet as soon as possible (maybe you have already done so :thumb:)

Good luck xx

If you don't think she has eaten much today, she also hasn't drunk anything and she has not done any poos for 10 hours, I would want to get her seen this evening.
Thank you everyone just got back from the vet her gut isnt moving as it should cant remember what the vet called it something begining with M i think but shes had an injection and fluids and got some medicene to give her tomorrow. Thank u again xx

Thank you everyone just got back from the vet her gut isnt moving as it should cant remember what the vet called it something begining with M i think but shes had an injection and fluids and got some medicene to give her tomorrow. Thank u again xx

ace news you managed to see a vet. i hope she picks up soon :) I expect the vet told you but keep an eye on her poo & eating. Many bunnies likes herbs when they are poorly. I hope she feels better soon

Thank you everyone have passed on the vibes to bunnny! She is feeling very sorry for herself hiding behind the curtains. Im trying not to disturb her but keep checking her as she is laying out flat and scarying hell out of me! Vet was great checked teeth heart etc just hope she gets better soon she is normally such an active bunny hate seeing her like this
Thank you Joey&Boo i will keep very close eye on her, i will get her some fresh grass in the morning (she is an indoor bunny) hopefully she will eat that xx

Thank you everyone have passed on the vibes to bunnny! She is feeling very sorry for herself hiding behind the curtains. Im trying not to disturb her but keep checking her as she is laying out flat and scarying hell out of me! Vet was great checked teeth heart etc just hope she gets better soon she is normally such an active bunny hate seeing her like this
Thank you Joey&Boo i will keep very close eye on her, i will get her some fresh grass in the morning (she is an indoor bunny) hopefully she will eat that xx
Fresh grass is an excellent idea, I pick some everyday for my indoor bunny and he much prefers this to hay so it's good to give him if his appetite starts to reduce slightly :)

Last edited:

Good, I'm glad she's been started on some meds. Hopefully she will improve very soon!

Yes, herbs are usually very tasty - coriander and dill are favourites in this house, although parsley's been getting a look in recently :)

My two outdoor bunnies aren't bothered by any herbs, I mean..they'll eat them but they don't go crazy over them. My indoor bunny Storm lovesss them though! I haven't tried him with dill yet but he loves parsley, coriander, basil and mint bless him. Dill will be on my shopping list for next week though!;)

My two outdoor bunnies aren't bothered by any herbs, I mean..they'll eat them but they don't go crazy over them. My indoor bunny Storm lovesss them though! I haven't tried him with dill yet but he loves parsley, coriander, basil and mint bless him. Dill will be on my shopping list for next week though!;)

I know that dill, parsley and mint are *fairly* high in calcium, but as a treat, they love them :love:

Morning everyone, still no poos this morning and not drunk anything, just got her the fresh grass and she is picking at it a bit. So worried about her 😢

Poor wee thing. I have to say, I'd take her back to the vet today. :cry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back