• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spent a few hours ..

Helenmarie85

Warren Scout
Sorting the rabbit hutch. I deep cleaned the entire thing. Its been cleaned weekly .. although the house part hasn't for ages since they don't poo or pee up there. I weekly clean the downstairs part and every other day sort the litter trays. Anyway cleaned out the entire thing. Upstairs they now have their old towels still and their dog fleece blanket. I also added my old old fleece dressing gown .. pink with monkeys so hope they appreciate that!! And I have piled the straw in to near enough the roof one end and left room the other end for them to get out down the ramp. On the roof I have 4 sheets of bubble wrap my mum gave me. Its removal bubble wrap, its got a material lining one side and a plastic lining the other side with the bubbles in the middle. Also they have the old double duvet folded to fit the roof . The run roof they have a sheet of bubble wrap folded (normal bubble wrap) and another duvet cover to fir the roof. Then 2 tarps over the entire hutch. I tucked the corners under the hutch since last night despite having bricks piled around the bottom it came untucked and was flapping about. Is this all ok ?? Or too much??

I also covered the water bottle with 2 old socks of my daughter and taped a small plastic bag around it to stop the water freezing .. will that work or do I need to go and get a proper bottle insulator. I can get one if I need to .. it was more of a temporary measure since my area is supposed to have snow tomorrow/friday and I won't be able to get to P@H before the weekend.

Wow! You have been really busy and done a fab job! It sounds like they'll be really lovely and snug in there :D x

How lovely and caring of you. I would definately go for an insulator for the water bottle. Mine have a shed and a large ceramic dog bowl so its never been a problem.

Back