• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Still eating his fur

kellycarla

Warren Scout
I am beginning to wonder wether it is a nutritional thing rather than mites, Charlie doesnt eat as much hay as i would like him to, he would rather eat pellets and veggies and only eat hay when he definately knows there is nothing else coming.

Has he had his Ivermectin injection yet?

Charlie is seeing the vet tomorrow morning so will let you know tonibun. Ive been reading about rabbits grooming themselves a lot when their teeth a too long, he doesnt eat a lot of hay even though we are trying to cut down on his pellets and veg, we have noticed that when he is eating he seems to be chasing food about as if he cant get a grip on it so will mention that to the vet tomorrow as well. We are still having to learn a lot about rabbits as we have only had Charlie 2 months (tomorrow actually):D

I don't believe anyone knows everything about rabbits. They are very complex, their respiratory and digesive systems are very complex!

Most rabbits like pellets & greens better :) Once he's had a checkup I'd suggest cutting right back on the pellets so he gets in the habit of eating hay - you have to be the mean bunny mum for his own good! You could try fresh grass though - it's as good as hay but bunnies treat it more like greens as it's extra tasty ;)

Most rabbits like pellets & greens better :) Once he's had a checkup I'd suggest cutting right back on the pellets so he gets in the habit of eating hay - you have to be the mean bunny mum for his own good! You could try fresh grass though - it's as good as hay but bunnies treat it more like greens as it's extra tasty ;)
He's eating a lot more hay now, he's not had many pellets or veg today. Maybe i was giving him too much veg and pellets after all, plus i tend to worry too much when it comes to animals, i was probably over reacting:roll:

He's eating a lot more hay now, he's not had many pellets or veg today. Maybe i was giving him too much veg and pellets after all, plus i tend to worry too much when it comes to animals, i was probably over reacting:roll:

Most of us over react :)

You could also add in readigrass which is much tastier than hay :D

Back