• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad news

maxbun

Warren Scout
I'm feeling really sad as I had to make the heartbreaking decision to have my lovely old lady Millie put to her forever sleep earlier today.

We adopted her in August 2005 from ARC in Twickenham having seen her and her siblings on here. We collected her on our way back from a holiday in France and she travelled back on my daughters knee all the way to Staffordshire. She was only about 8 weeks old and was a beautiful black and white Dutch. She became a companion to our 2 year old lop Max. We lost him to tooth root abscesses a year later and found her a new husbun Fergus who was also a b and w Dutch. Unfortunately they both contracted myxi even though they were vaccinated and despite putting up a fight for 6 weeks we lost Fergus.

Millie lived to fight another day, and we then adopted Lynx from Chloe who went on to find Fatfluffs. They have lived happily together for 8 and a half years so he is getting some extra special cuddles tonight. I'm so worried about how he will be as Millie kept him clean and tidy and in good order.

She was a typical feisty Dutch with everyone except me, and I feel absolutely bereft at the moment. Rest in peace now my beautiful girl.

I'm so sorry you had to make that decision :cry: It's always the most difficult one to make.

Binky free Millie xx

I remember that you had only just adopted Millie from ARC when I joined RU. What a wonderful long life she had with you. I am so sorry that her time came to have to 'move on' :cry:

Binky Free Millie xx

Back