• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tips for flooring

Dylan123

Warren Scout
I want to rabbit proof my bedroom better,and for the flooring I was hoping To use foam jigsaw mats,how can I stop him chewing on them? If it's for most of my bedroom floor some edges will be exposed. How do I cover this? Also any tips on rabbit proofing? I really want to give free ranging another go,I hate to see animals in small cages. I just need to get some supplies for rabbit proofing. Thanks for any replies. Is there any other flooring suggestions that are more safe but also look good?

Some bunnies won't chew them, others will, and an exposed edge can be irresistible. If you can cover the exposed edge by using some wood to fasten it down with, that may help. vinyl flooring is also good, and would be more resistant to a rabbit digging than foam jigsaw mats.

I'm also thinking about preventing sore hocks,they haven't been an issue,but I'm still worried that's why I was leaning towards foam mats and not sticking with a wooden floor.

Back