• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Boarders: within an hour or so of Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire/East Mids M1

Jasperello

Warren Scout
Thank you to everyone who made recommendations to me already, but I'm still looking to expand my search for rabbit boarding :)

So I'm looking for rabbit boarding for my 2 outdoor bonded buns.
Jasper isn't a brilliant traveller, so I'm ideally looking for:

Travel time of up to 1 hour or so from Nottingham/Derby.
Close to the M1 would be great but not a necessity.

Also I've been looking & a few places are telling me not to go somewhere that puts bunnies in runs on grass, so somewhere that has a spacious set up that doesn't include grass runs would be good if that's better & safer.

I'd really really appreciate any more suggestions and recommendations. I will be planning on visiting potential boarders before I book but it would mean so much more to me if I could find a place where someone has been and had their bunnies boarded before.

Thank you!
Laura

May be a little too far, but thought I'd mention the Bunny Lodge in Hednesford - The Bunny Lodge (WS12 1DJ). The lady is called Debbie, her mobile number is 07531 217 539

https://www.facebook.com/thebunnylodgehednesford

I've seen her set up, it's fantastic, especially the pens in the heated facility :) Debbie does have runs but they are on hard standing so are disinfected

Thanks Becky, that looks like a fab suggestion! I don't mind detours when someone can tell me a place is wonderful and worth it!

Weston Coyney Pet Lodge! Kyla is brilliant and I think she's around 45 minutes from Derby :) They have a facebook page
She's a superstar and I wouldnt trust my buns with anyone else.

Hi. I've just realised we must live fairly close. Where abouts are you? I researched some local ones before getting ours but I haven't tried any yet. Fortunately my sister has 2 also so we tend to help each other out. I know there are a couple close to where I live (Borrowash). No doubt you've found them when searching though.

Hi. I've just realised we must live fairly close. Where abouts are you? I researched some local ones before getting ours but I haven't tried any yet. Fortunately my sister has 2 also so we tend to help each other out. I know there are a couple close to where I live (Borrowash). No doubt you've found them when searching though.

Hiya, I am on the edge of the A52 by Long Eaton/Toton! So yes very close to you, did u find any you thought looked particularly good? It's a lot easier when you know people with rabbits themselves who can help out isn't it!

Forgot to mention that she charges a very reasonable £4.50 a day plus £2.25 for an additional Rabbit. Hay, grass and fresh veggies are included in the price :)

Hiya, I am on the edge of the A52 by Long Eaton/Toton! So yes very close to you, did u find any you thought looked particularly good? It's a lot easier when you know people with rabbits themselves who can help out isn't it!

I found one in Borrowash, one in spondon and then belper. All pretty close but haven't visited any so can't say what they are like. The one in Borrowash is a girl who has 4 at a time max, space outside and inside and runs etc. There is also a farm in elvaston which isn't advertised that run a small pet boarding (pussy willows cattery) They have plenty of space and would be the first I would look at locally from what I've seen. But like you say would want to visit and inspect first. I only really looked at some that are very close.

I found one in Borrowash, one in spondon and then belper. All pretty close but haven't visited any so can't say what they are like. The one in Borrowash is a girl who has 4 at a time max, space outside and inside and runs etc. There is also a farm in elvaston which isn't advertised that run a small pet boarding (pussy willows cattery) They have plenty of space and would be the first I would look at locally from what I've seen. But like you say would want to visit and inspect first. I only really looked at some that are very close.

I find that talking to the person (even over the phone initially) gives me a good impression of their knowledge and experience with rabbits.

One boarding establishment that came highly recommended to me insisted that her four foot double decker hutch was the biggest she had, that her facilities were described as 'very good' and that my rabbits would be well looked after with her.

:shock:

Hi there :wave:

We're in the West Midlands, not really very good on geography but I think we'd probably be about an hour away from you?

Give me a call for a chat if you're interested :D

Tracey

Hi. Did you find one you were happy with? Just wondering as we are practically neighbours! lol.

Back